Republic of Estonia
• The territory of Estonia covers 45,227 km2
• Democratic parliamentary republic and is
divided into 15 counties.
• Population of 1.34 million
• The capital and largest city is Tallinn
• 68.8% Estonians,
2.4 % others and unspecified
Toomas Hendrik Ilves
• The President of the Republic of Estonia is the
head of state of the Republic of Estonia.
• Estonia is a parliamentary republic, therefore
the President is mainly a symbolic figurehead
and holds no executive power.
• The President is elected by the Riigikogu or a
special electoral body for a five-year term.
Coat of arms
• 1500 islands, the largest are Saaremaa and
• over 1,400 lakes
• The most significant body of water is Lake
Peipus which is 1.370 square miles
• About 40% is covered by forests
• Culture has been influenced Finnish, Baltic, Slavic and Germanic peoples
and Sweden and Russia..
• The tradition of Estonian Song and dance festivals
• Holidays: Independence day February 24. As of 2010, there are 12 public
and 12 national holidays celebrated annually.
Art museum -
• The climate is temperate and humid
• 4 seasons
• February is usually the coldest month of the
• July is usually the warmest month
• Black Bread
• Traditionally in summer and spring,
Estonians like to eat everything fresh -
berries, herbs, vegetables and everything
else that comes straight from the garden.
• Eastern Orthodox
• Estonia is the least religious country in the
world with 75.7% of the population claiming
to be irreligious.
sobor- one of the
in the wolrd
St. Olav's Church