Prepared by: Dr. Muneer Azzam, DBA, MBA, BSc
Customer Care Facts!
Customer service call center is the heart of the business, and has a direct
effect on customers’ satisfaction. If Customers experience long waiting times
or ineffective agents response, customers will be unhappy with the company
and may start to look for other Competitors.
Statistics shows that; Customer Service Manger reports that 91.5 percent of
customers are unlikely to recommend your company after a bad customer
1. Customer waiting time is high due to limited reach to Sales Agents if they are not at their desk.
2. Some Sales inquiries may take long period of time to be attended (over 2 days). Since the Call
center will send the report by email to Sales Agents
3. Customer Satisfaction level is low due to the long waiting time
4. Number of terminated calls are high since Call Agents are busy on taking Customer feedback and/
or attending Customer inquiries
5. The Calls pressure is increased on the Call centre agents.
6. The Customer Experience is negatively affected and the psychological desire to buy will be lowered
Limitations of the Classical System
Ways to Increase Call Centre Efficiency Now!
• To facilitate adding an additional option at the Toll Number to allow taking the
Customer satisfaction feedback after the Company Voice welcoming message
• To contact the Customer automatically by the system in order to take their feedback.
This will reduce the time invested by the Call Centre agent by calling each customer
and it will increase the service efficiency and will reduce the need for additional
manpower. It will also reduce the number of terminated calls and allow the system to
generate instant Customer Satisfaction report when needed
• To add an option to transfer the call directly to the Sales Agent via mobile phone if the
Sales agent is not answering the call via Avaya phone in order to increase the efficiency
of the service and to assure the customer inquiries are met swiftly which will result on
Satisfied Customer and increase the Sales potentials.
Recommendations for Improvements
• Train the Company call center representatives through an extensive training program. Not only
should representatives understand the basics of customer service and how they should treat
customers, but they also should also know the Company’s products and services thoroughly to
help resolve issues quickly.
• Give representatives the tools they need to resolve problems within the first call. This includes
computers that bring up data quickly, as well as access to customer accounts and to a knowledge
base with potential solutions.
• Reduce call waiting times with intelligent routing. This is an automated system that helps direct
callers to the correct department. Intelligent Call Routing is a term for routing done by software
that attempts to identify the caller and direct them to an appropriate agent. The software can
identify the caller based on known information tied to the call, such as the ANI (a technical term
for Caller ID), or information that is provided by the caller during the call.
Methods to be adopted in the Future to Improve Service
• Allow customers the ability to reach a representative easily though intelligent routing which can
decrease call wait times. The customers should also have an option to reach Call Centre via
mobile Apps; Mobile apps in general provide a unique platform for companies to build their
brands, improve customer and increase competitive advantage, but they also can serve as
another customer service touch point like the web or contact center, empowering customers
with convenient, on-the-go self-service features.
• Review customer calls. This can be done by listening as agents speak to customers or by
recording the conversations and listening to them later. Look for weaknesses in the
conversations that can be addressed one-on-one with the representative or with a group.
• Building Customers History Tack Records: Track customer phone calls by account number. The
Customer service agents should be able to pull up a customer account to see important details
and any notes from previous calls. This eliminates the need for customers to explain their
problems another time to a different agent.
• Assign major customers a single point of contact. Undoubtedly, any Company has a few
customers who represent the bulk of its revenues. Improve satisfaction by designating a
customer a service representative as the regular contact. This representative will develop a
relationship with the customer, understand his/ her needs and resolve issues more quickly.