HOW TO USE 000WEBHOST.COM TO HOST YOUR SYSTEM FOR MINI PROJECT
1. Create an account by registering to 000webhost.com http://www.000webhost.com/order.php.
One account is enough per group. For the domain name as below, choose the second one (free
subdomain) . Please give an appropriate website name related to your project here as this will be the
url for your system later on (you must present using the system that you have uploaded here).
2. After registration, make sure that you open your email and click the activation link given in the
3. Sign in to http://members.000webhost.com/login.php using the registered username and
4. If you can log in, you will get this screen with active status and your domain name (domain name is
equivalent to http://localhost in your computer). Click go to CPanel .
6. In CPanel, under Files, click View FTP Details.
7.The FTP details below are important for uploading all your project files to the hosting server later.
Please take note of the FTP host name, user name, password (the password is the one you created
when creating your account). public_html is equivalent to htdocs folder in localhost, so all your
project files have to be uploade in public_html folder. You can use SmartFTP or FileZilla for
uploading your project files to the server, FileZilla FTP client is recommended. It can be downloaded
from here https://filezilla-project.org/download.php
8. Make sure you take note of the FTP information given to you above.The host, username,password
given will be the 3 important things that you will need to enter in FileZilla in order to connect to
000webhost server. Click Quickconnect.
9. For filezilla, the left side is your local PC files while the right side is the server, in this case
000webhost. After successfully connected, make sure you are in public_html folder before you
perform the next step. (Double click public_html folder). Then navigate to your project files and just
drag all the files from the left side (your pc) and drop it to the server side (000webhost).
10. Open your web browser and type the url to test your system. For example, in my case i uploaded
a file called factorial.php to the server, so if i want to view this file on my browser, i have to type
http://tutor2301.netii.net/factorial.php . For your information, in the future if you are to host any
website or online system, the steps will be somehow similar. So it is good if you have the experience
11. Now you have to create a new database on the server to import your project database into it. GO
back to your CPanel and click on MySQL link.
12. Create a new database as below.
13. Save this information to connect to your database later on using php .
14. Go back to Cpanel, and click PHPMyAdmin. In there, your database will be listed. Click Enter
15. select the import tab on top of the PHPMyAdmin page.
16. Now you have to dump your database in localhost to an SQL file so that it can be imported to the
database server. First, open command prompt line and go to C:/xampp/mysql/bin by typing cd ../..
and enter. Then type cd xampp/mysql/bin and enter.
17. Next is to use mysqldump to do the database dumping. To do this, type mysqldump –u username
–p yourdatabasename > yourdatabasename.sql and press enter.
18. Open C:/xampp/mysql/bin and you will see a file named yourdatabasename.sql.
19. Now back to PHPMyAdmin. Browse to the file that you have dumped just now
(yourdatabasename.sql) and click submit. After successfully importing the database, click to open
the database. The tables and data will be imported to the server (see on the right pane) and you can
use PHPMyAdmin below to modify them.
**Friendly reminder: For the database connection and database selection, (
mysql_connect(‘localhost’,’username’,’password’) & mysql_select_db(‘dbname’) ), please make
sure you change the database name, username and password to the one that you use in the
000webhost server or you won’t be able to use the database.