Accounts Receivable Specialist
Prospective Client Quick Overview
The tools to help you
Conventional 2 Phase
Approach to Collections
The traditional collection process is expensive internally and externally.
Phase I: IN-HOUSE COLLECTION FOR 6 MONTHS
Past Due Past Due Past Due Past Due Past Due
30 Days 60 Days 90 Days 120 Days 150 Days
2nd Statement 4th Statement 5th Statement 6th Statement
1st Letter 2nd Letter 3rd Letter 4th Letter
1 Phone Call
2 Phone Call
3 Phone Call
$1.10 $1.10 $1.10 $1.10 $1.10
$1.10 $1.10 $1.10 $1.10
$20 to $30
$2.96 $2.96 $2.96
of Business Research
Phase II: PERCENTAGE AGENCY/ATTORNEY
Average Rate of Recovery = 10% to 20% ? Average Fees = 30% to 50% of your money.
True Cost of Collections = a loss of 90% or more of your company’s revenue!
3 Phase Approach to Collections
The Greenflag Profit Recovery service is simply a middle step (at a controlled cost) between your
internal efforts and traditional agency representation. It provides your company with 3 clear benefits:
Phase I: In House Phase II: Greenflag by Transworld Systems, Inc.
Optimize in-house procedures
Day 60 Day 70 Day 80 Day 90 Day 100
Day 0 to 60
2nd TSI 3rd TSI 4th TSI
TSI Courtesy TSI 5th and
Notice Final Contact
Contact Contact Contact
36% to 76% Recovery Rate
Phone Call $2.96
TSI offers you the opportunity to use a
diplomatic 3rd party to recover your profit while
1. Improved cash flow
maintaining sensitive client relationships!
80% to 95% Collected 2. Reduced expenses
3. Identify intent
Phase III: Verbal Demands and/or Legal Action/(CMS)
Transworld Systems Inc.
• We’re in the business of profit recovery. We lead the industry in providing
businesses with better tools for recovering bad debt and accounts receivables.
We’ve been proving it to our customers, including more than 200 Fortune 500
companies, since 1970. Let us prove it to you.
• Last year, we recovered $700 Million for an average of $10.00 per account.*
• Our success rate is more than triple that
of the industry average.**
• Providing local impact with over 120 offices
coast to coast.
• *Company average.
**Based on ACA statistics.
What the Experts Say
– “Transworld gets credit for the highest recovery rate in the industry.”
– “The Company has a collection rate of well over 50%. The typical collection
firm gets only 20% and keeps 25% to 50% of recovered funds.”
» Fortune Magazine
– “Its low fee structure encourages clients to assign accounts early, usually
45-90 days past due. Their recovery is more than 2 ½ times better than the
» Investor’s Daily
– “In addition to the superior collection rate and speed of recovery,
Transworld’s low fee provide the client with a 30%-70% savings.”
» FORBES Magazine
– “…Transworld has a long term proven record of being able to deliver twice
the normal recovery rate at a fraction of the normal cost.”
What Our Clients
Have in Common
• They extend credit and/or accept checks.
• They mostly have an individual or an entire department devoted
to collecting past due accounts internally.
• They all use GreenFlag Early Profit Recovery services to
minimize bad debt losses.
“As a national direct marketer
we faced some very unique
challenges in the area of
collections. TSI not only helped
us meet these challenges, but
help us exceed our goals in a
very cost effective manner.”
What We Do For You
• For an average of less than $10.00 per account, we provide the
impact of third party intervention.
• Minimize internal efforts, improving overall department
• Preserve your valued customer relationships.
• Minimize the risk of accidental violations of state and federal
collection laws and/or harassment suits through the use of a
hold harmless agreement.
• Allow 24/7 access to account information via OCP website as
well as complete monthly reporting on all accounts.
“As important as collecting arrearages is, even more important is
retaining customers. This is where your company has really
shined. Our re-activation of collected accounts has leapt a full
14%! This difference has really set your company apart from those
we’ve used in the past”
Margaret Lewis – DBS Coordinator – DirecTV
120 offices nationwide, including Canada now too! (Not shown)
Start Early – Recover More
We all know that the older an account gets, the harder it becomes to collect. But did
you know that at 60–90 days past due accounts begin to depreciate at the accelerated
rate of ½% per day? At 180 days past due, consumer accounts have depreciated to
the point where only 30% on average will ever be recovered.
60% 1/2% per day
45 A G E O F A C C O U N T S IN DAYS
0 30 60 90 120 150 180 210 240 270 300 330 365
Source: (U.S. Department of Commerce study on depreciation of accounts held in-house)
National Statistics Prove It
According to the American Collectors
Association, Inc., the average collection
TSI Collected 56%
agency collects less than 14% of all debts
assigned at an average cost of 33% per
Our clients experience a 56% recovery
rate at a cost of approximately 7 cents per
Collection dollar collected.
Average Agency Cost
(ACA Average) (ACA Average)
( Our clients receive over 3 times the recovery at about 1/5th the cost)
7¢ per dollar collected
•GreenFlag offers you two ways to transmit and
manage your accounts:
– Interactive Web Site (recommended)
Upload and manage your accounts 24/7
via our secure interactive web-based
Onyx Customer Portal (OCP)
– Paper submission of accounts also
– For a demo of our TSI web site and
to see service videos:
Contact us: (818) 710-0244
Getting Better Results
• We recover more because we start earlier.
– We recover more than traditional agencies because:
• We work ALL of the accounts the same way, regardless of the size
or the balance.
• Most percentage-based agencies work only the accounts with
higher balances that are the most cost effective for them, leaving
the smaller balances uncollected.
• Our fixed fee, diplomatic service allows you to have us get started
early in the process with the increased impact of third party
“…studies by the American Collectors Association show that 80% of all the monies
collected by agencies are collected as a result of letters.”
» American Collectors Association, Inc.
You have 3 choices over the content of our 1st contact…
Diplomatic, Intensive, NSF Check
5 Contacts in 40 days
What our clients say…
• “I’d recommend Transworld Systems to any business large or small that’s fed up with slow paying or
delinquent customers and would like to get paid sooner without worrying about losing future business”
» SYSCO Food Services
• “Boy, was I surprised! Not only have you gotten our accounts paid faster than we used to by ourselves, but
by you letting our clients know in a nice way that we need our money you’ve reduced the strain that had
been building up in the relationships. Better still, once they understand our situation, they start paying on
» American Linen
• “We’ve been using your service for the last seven years and have recently renewed for the fourth time. We
had tried several other collection agencies prior to TSI, but we have stayed with you because you have
produced results far superior to any other agency we ever used. TSI’s nationwide coverage affords us the
opportunity to pursue accounts across the country for an amount that is much less than it would cost us,
making TSI very cost effective.”
» AAA Motor Club
• “We have been using TSI at this location for three years now and the results have been nothing less than
outstanding - 69%!! The demands for payment are diplomatic and yet very effective. It’s easy to see why
Marriott Hotels chose to use Transworld Systems nationwide. You have our recommendation for any
business looking to simplify collection procedures”
» Marriott Hotels
• “Many of our balances are small so we needed a service that would work for all of our balances not just the
big ones. TSI has really come through. Collection success rate is great, cost is reasonable and best of all,
my time is freed up to concentrate on my business and paying customers.”
» Jennie Craig Weight Loss Centers
• When intensive recovery efforts are required
• GreenFlag Verbal Demands employs a team of highly trained
recovery specialists operating from nationwide call centers.
– Verbal Demands Phase:
• Turns up the heat on overdue accounts
• You pay only for what is recovered
• Offers legal recourse for tough cases
• Handles the types of accounts other
agencies ignore as un-collectable.
• Making the difference in the toughest cases:
• GreenFlag Legal Options can make a difference where court action
is warranted, and there are assets that can be recovered.
– Legal Options Phase:
• Cause suit to be filed
• Pay all court costs
• Pay attorney fees, service or process fees
• Pay any other fees necessary to satisfy a judgement
• An attorney will appear in court on your behalf.
– Most Importantly:
• If no money or assets
there is no charge.
Revenue: $650.0 million FY 2006
Outsourcing Solutions Inc (OSI) – Headquartered in
St. Louis, Missouri
• More than 70 offices across 25 states, plus
Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico, as well as
associates based at on-site client locations.
• Founded: 1995
Transworld Systems Inc. (a subsidiary of OSI)
Headquartered in Rohnert Park, California
• More than 130 offices throughout United States
and Puerto Rico
• Founded: 1970
Woodland Hills office (818) 710-0244
First-party receivables management services and letter
series are primarily performed by Transworld Systems Inc.
A final word…
See for yourself why 60,000 businesses choose TSI over extended in-
house efforts and all other 3rd party alternatives combined
•We recover three times the industry average for about
one sixth the cost.
•Flat-fee, no percentages – regardless of the balance.
Average cost of only 7 cents per dollar collected.
•Diplomatic approach – we recover your profits without
offending your valued customers.
•You stay in control – you decide how diplomatic to be and
when to turn up the heat.
•Recovered profit is paid directly to you. No more waiting
30-60 days for an agency to pay you your money.
•Over 130 Offices Nationwide – provides unparalleled local For reference letters of client results
go see “testimonials” at
•Performance is guaranteed – Use TSI at no financial risk www.collections4less.com
•Other services include bad check recovery, check Call us at (818) 710-0244 for more info
guarantee and medical insurance claim resolution.