Holbrook Middle School
Library – Media Center
• Mrs. Morgan – Library-Media Coordinator
• Mrs. Turnipseed – Library-Media Assistant
• Hours: 7:45 – 3:30
Library Rules & Procedures
• Enter the library quietly.
• Listen and follow teacher/librarian’s directions.
• Only 4 people or less to a table.
• No food, drinks, or gum in the library.
• Please be courteous to library staff and student
assistants by keeping the shelves neat and
computer areas clean.
• Books may be checked out for 10 school days
• 2 books at a time unless you have an overdue
• Line up at Circulation Desk and wait quietly for
• You may request a book to be reserved for you
and may renew a book if no one is waiting for it.
• Some Reference books may be checked out with
Computer & Internet Use
• You MUST have an Acceptable Use Policy
(AUP) form signed by you and your parent in
order to use the network and the internet.
• Computers must be used for school purposes
only—no personal email, games, listening to
Fiction Books: Arranged alphabetically by the
author’s last name.
F F F
ABE ADK ADL
Story Collection: Located at the end of the Fiction
SC SC SC
CLE COH COL
Non-fiction (True books)
Arranged by subject in numerical order.
597 598 598.2
Collective Biography = 920
Lives of more than one person, for example,
Astronauts, Black Americans, Rock Groups
Individual Biography = 921
The life story of one person arranged
alphabetically by the person’s last name.
921 921 921
JAC JEF JOH
Atlases, Dictionaries, Encyclopedias, etc.
Arranged in numerical order.
Dewey Decimal Review
• 000-099 General Knowledge
• 100-199 Philosophy and Psychology
• 200-299 Religion & Mythology
• Always feel free to ask Mrs. Morgan for help in
finding the right book for you.
• Be sure to share what you are reading with
Mrs. Morgan and your fellow classmates.
• Have a great year of reading at Holbrook!!!