How To Create Simple Fillable Forms Using Word By: Mai Thao
What Do You Need?• Open up Word• You will need to have the “Developer” tab to do this particular type of form.• To add the Developer tab, do the following – Under the File tab, click on Options – Word Options screen will pop up, click on Customize Ribbon (see next screen for an example)
3. Noticed the Developer box is not checked, go ahead and check this box (this will allow the Developer tab to appear on your ribbon.)4. Once you have checked the box, click OK at the bottom of the screen (this should take you back to your Word document.)
Developer tab is now added to the ribbon on top
Let’s Get Started*The tools within the Controls section are what we will be using to create the form.
Creating A Simple Form• For this tutorial, let’s create a simple demographic form.
Adding Fillable Fields• Put the curser after “First Name”• You can choose to have a rich text(Aa) or a plain text(Aa).• Click on either one; you will notice a fillable field next to “First Name”. (See example on next slide)
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 for the rest of the fields.
Adding a Pick List• Lets add a pick list to our demographic form.• I am going to add one more question to the demographic form.
• I want to add a pick list to answer the last question. Do the following to add the pick list. 1. Put your curser after the question 2. Click on the Drop-Down List Content Control option
3. It will give you a field like this, now click onProperties.
4. Once you clicked on Properties, the Content Control Properties screen will pop up. 5. Click on Add 6. For this particular form, type in “Yes” then click OK 7. Repeat steps 5 and 6, but this time, type in “NO” 8. Click “Okay” at the bottom of the screen.
• Once you are done, it should look like this when you click to choose an item.• If you would like to add check boxes, do the following: – Put your curser after the question – Click on the check box option. (This should insert a check box for your question.) (see next screen for an example)