Culture and presentation etiquetee presentation, jordan cardona & daliany avila.
Jordan Cardona Daliany Avila Period #4
Iceland: located on the east of Greenland and west of Norway. *Capital: Reykjavik.
• Language: Icelandic.• Religion: Christians & Evangelicals.• Population: 329,279 And Its Annual Growth Average It’s About 2.17% .
• FACT: DID YOU KNOW THAT ICELAND ENJOYS 24/7 HOURS OF DAYLIGHT DURING THE SUMMER BUT ALSO ONLY 2 HOURS DURING WINTER !!
• Iceland People usually wear formal business attire and they also use Perfumes or Colognes which helps them do great businesses. In fact, The business meeting needs a lot of stylish and good looking . Cause it reflect your behave ,Trust and character at the person you might to do business with.
• The handshake is the traditional form of greeting when meeting with your Icelandic hosts and you have to make sure that you shake hands with all meeting attendees.• Make sure to have a good eye contact and that your handshake is firm. • You should ensure that appointments are made in advance and that you state the intended meeting time using the 24-hour clock
• English is not one of the official languages in Iceland, however it is spoken by almost the totality of the population. But some useful phrases of Icelandic my help in building up a positive attitude. Individuals in Iceland take great care over their appearance and it is certainly expected that you should dress smartly for any formal occasion when doing business in Iceland.it is recommended that you personally dress formally.
• In Iceland it is considered very rude to leave a dinner table without thanking the host for the meal. In Icelandic, the phrase used is, Takk fyrir mig.• While at a dinner party it is considered rude to leave the table while others are still eating.• Lighting a cigarette from a candle is by some people regarded as rude, many Icelanders are fishermen and it is believed that this act "kills a fisherman".