In this issue of the People’s Insights monthly briefs, we cover three big innovations launched by Apple, Amazon and Google; three new approaches to Black Friday from TD Bank, Santander Bank and Patagonia; and two examples of upcycling by Southwest Airlines and Ben & Jerry’s ice cream. As a bonus, we also take a quick look at the immensely popular podcast Serial – which mashes-up different types of storytelling.
Here’s an overview of the examples featured in this report:
• Apple Pay – Simplifying mobile payments
• Amazon Echo – Virtual assistant for your home
• Google Inbox – A new way to Gmail
New approaches to Black Friday
• Santander Bank’s Black Tea Friday
• Patagonia and Yerdle’s Worn Wear swap parties
Upcycling & Paying it Forward
• Southwest Airlines’s Project LUV Seat
• Ben & Jerry’s The Chunkinator
Bonus! A new way to tell stories
• Serial Podcast
We’d love to hear your take on these approaches. Do share your thoughts with us at @PeoplesLab on Twitter. You can also reach out to us on Twitter @msl_group.