• Reps- the number of times the exercise
should be repeated in a row.
• Sets - the amount of times a “block” of
repetitions should be repeated.
• Rest periods of at lease 90 seconds
should present between sets.
• A set should be completed when you
realise that you can not repeat another
repetition in correct form.
3 x 25
… of 25 Repetitions
• Referred to as an RM - the maximum
weight a person can lift a number of
• For example, a 1RM weight is the
maximum weight someone can lift once.
• A 10RM weight is the maximum weight
someone can lift ten times.
Designed to improve your aerobic (heart and lung) capacity
and muscular endurance.
Most important training method for both health and sport
Frequency – To improve your aerobic fitness you must perform
three continuous training sessions per week.
Intensity – Your target heart rate should be 75% of your
maximum heart rate. Your target zone should be between 70
to 85% of your maximum heart rate.
Time – Each training session must last for 20 minutes
Ideal types of activities include: running, cycling, swimming and
aerobic floor classes.
• Alternating periods of workout and recovery .
large and/or small muscle groups
low to moderate intensity
heart rate 70-80% maximum
alternate hard and easy days
• Highly effective for:
• Fartlek, which means "speed play" in Swedish, is a training
method that blends continuous training with interval training.
• The variable intensity and continuous nature of the exercise
places stress on both the aerobic and anaerobic systems.
• It differs from traditional interval training in that it is
unstructured; intensity and/or speed varies, as the athlete
• Most fartlek sessions last a minimum of 45 minutes and can
vary from aerobic walking to anaerobic sprinting. Fartlek
training is generally associated with running, but can include
almost any kind of exercise.
• Perform 1 set of an exercise .
• Move directly to next exercise and
• No rests until 3 laps (therefore 3 sets)
have been completed.
• Ideal for developing muscular
endurance, definition and some aerobic
• The CrossFit prescription is “constantly
varied, high-intensity, functional
• Large focus on moving large loads over
long distances, and to do so quickly.
• Involves constantly changing mix of
aerobic exercise, gymnastics (body
weight exercises), and Olympic weight
• Highly effective for targeting: muscular
endurance, strength, aerobic capacity,
• Weight training is a common type
of strength training for developing
the strength and size of skeletal
• It uses the weight force of
gravity (in the form of weighted
bars, dumbbells or weight stacks)
to oppose the force generated
by muscle through contraction.
• Weight training uses a variety of
specialised equipment to target
specific muscle groups and types
• Zumba is a dance fitness program
created that involves dance and
• Zumba's choreography incorporates hiphop, soca, samba, salsa, merengue, ma
mbo and martial arts.
• Squats and lunges are also included.
• Zumba would be most effective for
targeting muscular endurance, aerobic
capacity and flexibility.