HKHS - JANUARY 25, 2017
WHAT IS IT?
• Microsoft Classroom was introduced to the public in
the summer of 2016.
• Classroom is still in “Preview” mode. It’s not perfect –
• Glitches may occur – please be sure to let me know
about any unexpected problems you run into.
• Share class Announcements with students. They will
get emails alerting them to the new Announcements.
• Push out Assignments, quizzes and tests to all students
with one click.
• Remind students about important due dates and events
happening in your classroom.
• Collect and correct student work digitally. You can also
provide feedback directly to students through Classroom.
• In a glance, know if all assignments have been collected.
• Engage in whole class Conversations or have a
discussion with individual students about assignments.
LET’S TAKE A LOOK AT
Microsoft Classroom Video
• Push out a copy of an assignment to each student.
• Let students know when the assignment is due.
• Easily attach files or include links with your assignment.
• Students will receive an email alerting them about new
assignments and announcements.
(& MORE FROM MICROSOFT)
• Grades can be given in Classroom.
• Students can also be given instant feedback.
• Corrections can be made and…
• Assignments can be resubmitted.
• Grades are not yet connected to Powerschool.
• Your students have been entered into your Classroom
accounts. Students can be easily added or deleted.
• Emails are being activated now.
• Begin adding assignments/announcements at any time.
• There is a link to the school email server on the library
website. Ask students to become familiar with it so they can
receive alerts when announcements and assignments are
• Please stop down or call at any time with any questions. I am
happy to help at any time in any way!