Hot Potatoes Sequence Sentences (Creating paragraphs)
Create an Ordering sentences in a paragraph or list activity
1. Open Hot Potatoes
2. Choose JMix
3. Type in a Quiz title
4. Type or Paste the text into the Main sentence text box
5. After each sentence press the Enter key
6. To customize the instructions, Click on the menu item Options
7. Click Configure output
Don’t type! All exercise
text is on the last page
of this document.
8. In the tab, Titles/Instructions, type the activity instructions.
9. In the tab, Buttons, choose to hide or show screen elements such as the Hint button. In the
screen below, all of these elements are hidden.
10. In the tab, Appearance, alter the font face, font size and the colors as below.
11. Click OK
Save the project file
12. Click File, Save As
13. Type in a file name
14. Note the file type is JMix (.jmx)
15. Click on the Save button
Publish the project for student use
16. Click File
17. Click Create Web Page
18. Click Standard Format
19. Type a file name
20. Note the file type is HTML
21. Click Save
22. You may be asked to respond on the capitalization of certain words in your list.
23. Answer Yes or No depending on your context.
24. Choose View the exercise in my browser
25. Check for any issues
26. If the project is acceptable, locate the folder and copy it onto a USB drive or a server for
1. Place all of the project images into a folder
2. In the Title section,
3. Click to the right of the title text (to set an insertion point for the image)
4. Click on the Insert
5. Click on the Picture
6. Click on the Picture from a Local File
7. Locate the picture/image on your hard drive
8. Select the image
9. Click Open
10. Alter the size (smaller)
11. Change the alignment to Centre
for best results
12. Click OK
13. HTML code appears (don’t worry)
14. Click immediately to the right of the </img>tag
15. Click the Save icon
16. Click the Export to Web icon
17. Click Save
Fossil Collecting Paragraph
Fossil collecting (some times, in a non-scientific sense, fossil hunting) is the collection of fossils for
scientific study, hobby, or profit.
Fossil collecting, as practiced by amateurs, is the predecessor of modern paleontology and many still
collect fossils and study fossils as amateurs.
Professionals and amateurs alike collect fossils for their scientific value.
A commercial trade in fossils has also long existed, with some of this being practised illegally.
Click the sentences to create a paragraph. When you think your paragraph is correct, click on