The greenhouse effect is a process by which thermalradiation from a planetary surface is absorbed byatmospheric greenhouse gases, and is re-radiated in alldirections.Since part of this re-radiation is back towards the surface,energy is transferred to the surface and the loweratmosphere.As a result, the temperature there is higher than it wouldbe if direct heating by solar radiation were the only warmingmechanism.
The greenhouse effect is a warming nearthe Earths surface that results when theEarths atmosphere traps the suns heat.The atmosphere acts much like the glasswalls and roof of a greenhouse.
The greenhouse effect was discovered by Joseph Fourier in 1824.First reliably experimented on by John Tyndall in 1858.First reported quantitatively by Svante Arrhenius in 1896.
Green House Gases NH4 Much of it remains trapped in the atmosphere by the greenhouse gases, causing our world to heat upBurning of Fossil FuelIndustrialization NOX +Co2 CFC NOx + Co2 Burning of NO+Co2 Oil, Petrol CFC Engine
• Human activities are enhancing the Greenhouse Effect, because we are continually adding heat-trapping greenhouse gases to the atmosphere by factory emissions, vehicle emissions, etc. Such gases include carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, chlorofluorocarbons, methane and ozone. The table on the next slide shows some examples of natural and man-made sources of some ‘Greenhouse Gases’.
1. Faster Ocean warming and catastrophic sea level rising2. Polar ice caps melting3. Climate change due to Green House effect.4. Health Problem
• Many reputed organization now taking several steps for reducing greenhouse gas effect. They are doing green management process for reducing greenhouse gas effect. Among them some of those company’s name given below- HSBC BANK “HSBC BANK” Obtain “the daily BRITISH AND AMERICAN TOBACCO star” green management award 2011. UNILEVER GRAMEENPHONE
1. Use Green technology2. reuse and recycle3. Take steps at Home and Office4. Learn Smarter car usage5. Increase Social Awareness6. Support ‘Emissions trading’7. Support ‘Kyoto protocol’
• Water level rises of Bay of Bengal• Abrupt climate change• Different skin diseases• Causes natural calamities• Impediment of agricultural production etc.
Afterthought:Prevention is better than cure.We should work towards a greener future. Save The World