Water

211 views

Published on

0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total views
211
On SlideShare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
2
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
5
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

Water

  1. 1. In a healthy adult male 60% ofbodyweight is water, females haveproportionately more body fat thanmales and the total body water isabout 55% of bodyweight
  2. 2. 65% of the total body water isinside the human cells, which wecall the water now theintracellular fluid.The rest which is 35% outside thecells we call it the extracellularfluid. and it divided intointravascular water which run inour vessels with the blood, andinterstitial water, which is waterbetween the cells.
  3. 3. Every day we lose water fromour bodies by many ways, theurination is the main way tolose water, another is the byskin, we lose a small amount ofwater when we sweat. Somewater vapor comes out from thelung when we breathe. Andfinally we lose a tiny amount ofwater in the stool.
  4. 4. To balance thiswaste, we supply ourbodies with water, bydrinking water andwater from the moistfood. Few amounts ofwater, the body makesthem via themetabolisms.
  5. 5. Input water Output water drinking 1500 urine 1500 food 800 Skin and lung 800metabolism 200 Stool 200 total 2500 2500
  6. 6. And this list for the water functions in the human body:1. •Transports nutrients and oxygen into cells2. •Maintain the health and integrity of every cell in the body3. •Moisturizes the air in lungs4. •Keep the bloodstream liquid enough to flow through blood vessels5. •Regulate body temperature through sweating.6. •Help eliminate the by-products of the body’s metabolism,.7. •Lubricate and cushion joints8. •Keep mucous membranes moist, such as those of the lungs and mouth.9. •Aid digestion and prevent constipation.Reduce the risk of cystitis by keeping the bladder clear of bacteria.10. •Work as a moisturiser to improve the skin’s texture and appearance.11. •Serve as a shock absorber inside the eyes, spinal cord and in the amniotic sac surrounding the fetus in pregnancy.
  7. 7. Dehydration:1. •Increased sweating due to hot weather, humidity, exercise or fever.2. •Not drinking enough water.3. •Increased output of urine due to a hormone deficiency, diabetes, kidney disease or medications.4. •Diarrhea or vomiting. Especially in kids.5. •Recovering from burns.
  8. 8. •Dark Urine – Dark Yellow. . •Constipation•Dry Skin. •Muscle cramps•Thirst •Irregular blood pressure•Hunger:. •Kidney problems•Fatigue: •Dry skin•Tiredness •20% dehydrated – Risk of•Migraine death
  9. 9. Drink always before you feel thirst

×