God demonstrates his power…! Beginning of the curses: Ex. 5:1–9, 7:8–13Moses and Aaron approached the Pharaoh, and to deliverGods demand that the Israelite slaves be allowed to leaveEgypt so that they could worship God freely. After aninitial refusal by the Pharaoh, God sent Moses and Aaronback to show him a miraculous sign of warning –Aarons rod turned into a serpent. Pharaohs sorcerersalso turned their staffs into snakes, but Aarons thenproceeded to swallow theirs before turning back into astaff.
1. Plague of blood (:)ָדם Ex. 7:14–25! “ This is what the LORD says: By this you will knowthat I am the LORD: With the staff that is in my handI will strike the water of the Nile, and it will be changedinto blood. The fish in the Nile will die, and the riverwill stink and thus the Egyptians will not be able todrink its water. ” — Exodus 7:17–18
2. Plague of frogs ( צְְַּרדפֵּעַעֵּדְַרפְּצ): Ex. 7:25–8:11“ This is what the great LORD says: Letmy people go, so that they may worshipme. If you refuse to let them go, I willplague your whole country with frogs. TheNile will teem with frogs. They will comeup into your palace and your bedroom andonto your bed, into the houses of yourofficials and on your people, and into yourovens and kneading troughs. The frogs willgo up on you and your people and all yourofficials. ” — Exodus 8:1–4
3. Plague of lice or gnats ( כִּנִּים ): Ex.8:12–15! “ Then the LORD said […] "Stretch out thy rod, and smite the dustof the land, that it may become lice throughout all the land ofEgypt." […] When Aaron stretched out his hand with the staff andstruck the dust of the ground, gnats came upon men and animals.All the dust throughout the land of Egypt became lice. ” — Exodus8:16–17
4. Plague of flies or wild animals(ָרֹובע): Ex. 8:20–32! “ This is what the LORD says: Let my people go, so that they mayworship me. If you do not let my people go, I will send swarms offlies upon you and your officials, on your people and into yourhouses. The houses of the Egyptians will be full of flies, and even theground where they are. ” — Exodus 8:20–21
5. Plague of pestilence ( דֶֶּרב ): Ex. 9:1–7Death of Livestock! “ This is what the LORD, the God of the Hebrews, says: "Let mypeople go, so that they may worship me." If you refuse to let them goand continue to hold them back, the hand of the LORD will bring aterrible plague on your livestock in the field—on your horses anddonkeys and camels and on your cattle and sheep and goats. ” —Exodus 9:1–3
6. Plague of boils ( שְִׁיןח ): Ex. 9:8–12