NOT <strong> OR <b>
A system that enables author
profile pictures to appear on
STOCK AND FLOW
Flow is the feed. It’s the posts and the tweets. It’s the stream of
daily and sub-daily updates that remind people that you exist.
Stock is the durable stuff. It’s the content you produce that’s as
interesting in two months (or two years) as it is today. It’s what
people discover via search. It’s what spreads slowly but surely,
building fans over time.
• How to
• Category pages
• Social updates
Editorial is a given, but can they…
• Tell you how Google works?
• Tell you what kind of content gets shared the most?
• Format in basic HTML?
• Write headlines that are great for users and search engines?
• Tell you the difference between a category and a tag?
• Work in Photoshop?
• Use a Content Management System?
• Not get concerned by negative comments?
• Edit using other applications or edit video?
GENERAL QUANTITIVE RULE:
Editors should publish
1,500+ words a day
Headlines by the book
Good workflow organisation