1. “The sport it resembles most isbasketball, which is probably the sport I enjoy watching the most. I had so much fun making the rules and I still have the notebook I did it in.“ Who said about what?
2. This company derives its name from provision of data and voice services over mobile phones ?
5. Extracted from the novel “Kim”, fill in the blanks."Look! Brahmins and chumars, bankers andtinkers, barbers and bunnias, pilgrims -and potters - allthe world going and coming. It is to me as a river fromwhich I am withdrawn like a log after a flood. And trulythe _____ _____ ____ is a wonderful spectacle. It runsstraight, bearing without crowding Indias traffic forfifteen hundred miles - such a river of life as nowhereelse exists in the world.”
6. Tokyo Shinto Kanda-Myojin templePeople getting their laptops blessed for protection from viruses
7.He was born in Thrissur, Kerala and brought up in Delhi. He sang 3,500 jingles before getting a Bollywood break. He appeared in "Josh of India" song for the support of the Indian Cricket Team during Cricket World Cup 1999. Folowing this, he released an album, for which he received a Star Screen Award for the Best Solo Album.
8.____ was introduced around 217 BC to raise citizen morale after a crushing military defeat at the hands of the Carthginians. It is held in the honour of Cronus, the youngest of Titans, father of the major gods of the Greeks and Roman and son of X and Gaia.
9Opened in 2005, this Dubai Mall is named after the 14h century scholar ___ _____, who was famous for his book Rihla(Voyages), a detailed acoount of his travels. Fittingle, the six courts in the mall are named after the countries he attended namelyChina, India, Persia, Egypt, Tunisia, Andalu sia. Who?
12Song – Na Jaaney Kyun Movie – Spiderman 2 Band – Strings
13Geographical Indication(GI) copyrights are used - they bar others from naming ormarketing the food under the same name.Under GI, the rigt ot marketing a product is tied to definite geographical territory and the manufactured goods should beproduced or processed or prepared in that territory. In 2010, this was awarded to acomplex food X, rather than a simple farm produce[like Basmati Rice]. Also moreinteresting was the extremely small size of the geographical region where this food is produced. What is X?
16. Originally known as the Knights of Walpurgis, this society was headed by aperson whose name translates into French as flight of death;. The standard attire of the members of this society was a black cape with a white skull mask. Name the organization.
17What was the International Food and Hospitality Fair, held at PragatiMaidan, Delhi from March 10-14, 2011 named?
17 Aahar*Aahar is also the name of a food point in Thapar University
18. Guru Tegh Bahadur visited Lehal on 24January 1672 and stayed under a banyantree by the side of a pond. The sickness in the village subsided. The site where Guru Tegh Bahadur sat came to be known as ____
18Pain in the Village Subsided – Dukhnivaran Dukhnivaran Sahib Gurudwara, Patiala
19In 1955, the Indian government looked for a suitable vehicle for its police and army, for use in patrolling the countrys border. The ____ was chosen as most suitable.