• As part of out topic : The Lion King linked with
Africa, Year 6 and Year 5 went to Blackpool
Zoo and had an amazing time!
• First we did a colour wash to look like an African sunset.
• Then we made stencils of safari animals and plants.
• Next we carefully drew round the stencils onto our sunsets.
• After that we painted them black to give an illusion of a
Year 6’s pet lion!
• Mr Done had a big
idea that we could
make a 3D lion.
• This is going to be a
project not only to
work on in super
learning week, but to
work on up to
Masks from the Lion king
Mrs Leigh came into Year 6 and told us how to make the
We used a range of equipment such as
• Using earthy colours we made tribal African
shields with different patterns and designs.
• To make them look really professional we used
glue to glaze them over to look shiny.
We hoped you enjoyed listening to what
we have been doing throughout Super
(fun) Learning Week.
We really enjoyed it!
It has been FUN & ACHIEVE!