Be the first to like this
Cross-post originally published at: http://www.slideshare.net/ictQATAR/social-media-in-the-middle-east-during-2013
These slides, curated and analysed by ictQATAR's Damian Radcliffe and Shahd Dauleh, look back at the key developments and data points in the Middle East's social media scene during the past year.
Key themes include:
1) Some wide variances in usage amongst different age groups and other demographics
2) Increased Social Media penetration and usage across countries, nationalities and age groups,
3) The continued growth of social media activity in Arabic,
4) YouTube's continued growth, especially on mobile, and;
5) The emergence of platforms such as Vine and Keek, and the evolving usage of Instagram and Facebook for eCommerce.