• The first step in the research paper
process is to choose a topic to write about.
In this paper we choose a college.
• The next stop in the process is to begin to
research the points you would like to cover
in the paper. In our case for this paper it
was finding information on the college of
• During your research do not forget to cite
your sources for further reference while
writing the paper. Be sure to cite these
sources using the MLA format for a
• The fourth step in the process is to outline
your paper by laying out all of your
research and seeing what topics you have
to cover. This process is critical to writing a
well thought out paper.
• The next stop is to begin the drafting
process. Take all of the information that
you have collected into your outline and
insert the facts that you found and
recorded during the research process
using parenthetical documentation. For a
quality paper 3 drafts are usually
• The sixth and final step is to create a Title
page, final outline, final draft and works
cited page. These are the critical pieces to
a quality paper.
Winona State University
Top 3 Reasons to Choose Winona State
• Right Distance from Home
• Quality Physical Education Program