Welcome to the Matrix Wireless Tutorial
• Inside, youÊll find helpful tips on how to
use the industryÊs premiere wireless
MLS service, Matrix Wireless.
• If you have any questions, please call
Matrix Wireless Support via toll-free
1-877-460-2550, or email at
Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM
to 5:00PM PST.
Before You Get Started
• ItÊs important to understand what Matrix Wireless is. Matrix
Wireless is a wireless MLS service, providing real estate agents
with listing search capabilities from wireless handheld devices
such as BlackBerry®s, Palm® TREO™s, and Pocket PCs. The
service DOES NOT INCLUDE the wireless hardware or data
• Ensure that your wireless handheld device supports HTML
Internet browsing. Accessing Matrix Wireless requires a data-
ready wireless device. If you can access GOOGLE™ on your
device, then you should be able to access and use the Matrix
Activating Your Matrix
• Go to the Help tab of Matrix and click on the link under
the heading, quot;Matrix Wireless‰. Follow the prompts to
activate your Matrix Wireless account.
• The Wireless Resource Center provides easy access to
support and reference materials that help you take full
advantage of the benefits of your wireless MLS service.
• Enter your Matrix User ID and Password on the
registration form to validate your Matrix Wireless
• Your Matrix Wireless account will be activated
immediately upon successful registration.
• You can immediately take advantage of Matrix Wireless upon
successful account activation. Open your deviceÊs Internet
browser and navigate to http://matrixwireless.mris.com.
• If you are using a BlackBerry device, click the track wheel and
select ÂGo ToÊ from the dropdown menu. Enter the Matrix
Wireless URL when prompted.
• For your convenience, your Matrix Wireless account is the
same Username and Password as your MRIS User ID and
Password. Enter your MRIS Username and Password.
• Note: Be sure to logout after each session. Closing the
browser without logging out will result in a five minute delay
before one can log back in Matrix Wireless. To logout
properly, return to the Top Menu screen and select ÂLogoutÊ.
• You will be taken to the following page called the Top Menu
where you can navigate to different parts of the service.
• The Ê24 Hour HotsheetÊ lets you quickly view all recent
changes in the MLS.
• The ÂQuick SearchÊ link will allow you to search for a specific
ML number or an address.
• The ÂFull SearchÊ link will allow you to search by a number of
parameters including status, area, property class and more.
• The ÂRoster SearchÊ enables you to search agent and office
• The ÂHelp & AboutÊ link will launch a section designed to
provide you with as much online assistance as possible. If you
require customer support with one of our wireless experts,
please contact us at toll-free 1-877-460-2550 or email
24 Hour Hotsheet
• The 24 Hour Hotsheet tracks new listings and
listing changes in the MLS database from
midnight the previous day, to the time of your
• Search for multiple zip codes by using a comma
to separate the each value (no space is
required between each value).
• For instance, to view all recent changes in the
24 hour hotsheet for zip codes 12345 and
67890, enter „12345,67890‰ in the Zip Code
• You will be presented with a summary of
results. Click on any category summary link to
view a list of results for that category.
24 Hour Hotsheet
• From the list of results, click on the
property of interest to view the listing
details and the exterior property photo, if
it is available in your boardÊs database.
• The property photo will appear at the
bottom of the listing details and may take
a few seconds to load completely.
• From the listing details screen, you can
press your browserÊs ÂBackÊ button to
return to the list of results or click the
ÂTo Top MenuÊ link at the bottom of the
page to return to the Top Menu.
• Clicking the ÂQuick SearchÊ link enables you
to quickly locate a property by ML Number
• For an ML Number search, enter the
listingÊs ML Number, select the Property
Type, Status and click ÂSearchÊ.
• For an Address Search, enter the Street
Number, Street Name.
• Note: It is not necessary to enter street
identifiers such as Avenue, St, Blvd, or
• Each search type in Matrix Wireless, whether
you are conducting searches using the ÂQuick
SearchÊ, ÂFull SearchÊ or ÂRoster SearchÊ method,
defaults to a wildcard search.
• For example, if you are searching for listings
that start with „Maple‰, enter the search in the
Example results: 123 Maple, 456 Maple St, 789
Maple Ave, 222 Mapleton Rd, 987 Mapletown,
Searching by a Specific Date Range
• To restrict your search within a specified time
frame, select the desired date range from the
drop down menu.
• Note that when searching for CLOSED listings,
the search results will yield all matching
properties „closed‰ within the date range
• With any other status, including the „ALL‰ option,
searching by date will return all matching
properties „listed since‰ the date range specified.
• Click the drop down box under ÂDateÊ and select
the appropriate date range.
• Selecting ÂFull SearchÊ will allow you to
search by a variety of common criteria.
• To perform a search, select a Property
Type and a State , then click ÂContinueÊ.
• In the ÂFull SearchÊ screen, you can then
enter your desired criteria, and click
ÂSearchÊ at the bottom of the page to
execute your search.
• For BlackBerry users, to change a pick list
option, highlight the item, click the track
wheel, and select ÂChange optionÊ.
• Whether you use ÂQuick SearchÊ or ÂFull SearchÊ to enter your search
criteria, you will be presented with a list of matching listings.
• Each item in the list provides the Status code, Street Address, List Price
and Property Type of the particular listing. The results are sorted
alphabetically by Status, Price, Street Name, Street Number.
• Result sets are limited to a maximum of 100. In the event your search
returns more than 100 results, the first 100 matches will be displayed
and youÊll have the option to ÂRefine SearchÊ by returning to the search
criteria screen to revise your search criteria.
• Click on the property of interest to view the listing details and the
exterior property photo, if it is available in your boardÊs database.
Please note that some wireless devices will not be capable of displaying
• The Listing Details screen displays pertinent information about
the listing including the property photo, if available.
• To view the details for another matching listing, click ÂBack to
ResultsÊ button to return to the Search Results screen.
• To email the listing to a prospect or client, click on ÂEmail ListingÊ.
Simply follow the prompts to email the listing report to a
prospect or client.
• To start a new search, or to logout, click the ÂTo Top MenuÊ link
at the bottom of the page to return to the Top Menu Screen.
• Note: Be sure to logout after each session. Closing the browser
without logging out will result in a five minute delay before one
can log back in Matrix Wireless. To logout properly, return to the
Top Menu screen and select ÂLogoutÊ.
Email Listing Reports
• When you come across a property that you would like
to email to a prospect, click ÂEmail ListingÊ in property
details, found under the property photo. A new page will
appear, prompting you to specify a recipient email
address, sender email address and subject line. To specify
multiple recipients, simply separate the email addresses
with a comma. For example:
• Before sending the email, be sure to specify HTML or
text format. Text format is advisable if you are sending
to a recipient whose email filter may not permit graphics,
including wireless handheld devices.
• Note: HTML reports are formatted for laptops and
personal computers with full sized monitors; these
reports are not intended for display on handheld devices.
Roster Search – Agent Search
• The Agent Search allows you to search by First Name,
Last Name or Agent ID.
• Once your criteria is entered, click ÂSearchÊ. This will
return matching records based on your criteria. The list
of results displays the Agent Name and Office Name,
sorted alphabetically by Last Name.
• Click on any one of the records to view additional
details for that particular sales associate. To view a
complete roster of all sales associates belonging to the
office, click on ÂOffice RosterÊ.
• To return to the list of matching agents, click on your
browserÊs ÂBackÊ button . To return to the Top Menu,
click ÂTo Top MenuÊ.
Roster Search – Office Search
• The Office Search allows you to search by Office
Name, City, and Zip Code. Once your criteria is
entered, hit the ÂSearchÊ button. This will return
matching records based on your criteria. The list of
results shows the Office Name and Zip Code, sorted
alphabetically by Office Name.
• Click on any one of the records to view additional
details for that particular sales office including a full
roster of sales associates. To view the contact
information for a sales associate, click on the ÂAgent
• You can press your browserÊs ÂBackÊ button to
return to the list of matching offices or click ÂTo Top
MenuÊ to return to the main menu for the browser
Help & About
• This section includes Help Topics that will help you
better utilize all the functions within the Matrix
• YouÊll find a list of all the help topics covered. Click
on the topic of interest to find out how you can use
the feature to its fullest extent.
• Should you require further assistance, please contact
the Matrix Wireless Support Team at toll-free 1-877-
460-2550 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We're here to answer your questions and make sure
you get the help you need.
• Thank you for taking the time to review
the Matrix Wireless Tutorial.
• If you have any questions regarding the
Matrix Wireless service, please call Matrix
Wireless Technical Support at 1-877-460-
2550 or email us at
through Friday from 7:00AM to 5:00PM