Personal Effectiveness &
15 October 2015
• This subject is a continuation of PDE 1 and aims to develop
students in their personal development to become effective
learners with good character as they make their transitional
journey towards polytechnic education. It enhances the personal
development of the individual in the social and community
domains and equips students with the skills and knowledge to:
• examine their social and emotional development
• explain the values that emerge as they engage in assigned activities
• This subject provides the theoretical concepts and practical arena
for students to learn values through hands-on activities and
PDE2 Weekly Schedule
• By now everyone should have a copy of the weekly schedule. A hardcopy will be given to you by your CP and a softcopy can be obtained from OLIVE under the tab ‘About The
A weekly schedule will be printed for your Care Group. I would like to
seek CPs’ help to ensure all students have a copy. Schedule is also down-able.
A suggested teaching plan appended with powerpoint slides will also be given to all
CPs at least one week before each PDE2 lesson.
• A few briefings, forums and talks have
been scheduled for PDE2.
• Attendance for all theses sessions are
compulsory for all students.
• These sessions are essential as they
contain important information leading to
their PDE2 programmes or offer
• Tutors’ help is sought to advise, encourage
or warn students to put on a respectable
code of behaviour as a student of
Temasek Polytechnic during these events
with partners from the industry.
Event Date/Time Venue
21 Oct 2015
18 Nov 2015 or 25
3. Overseas Study Trip
11 Dec 2015
4. CNB Talk 6 Jan 2016
Week 1 : Prog Manager’s Talk
• The session will be conducted in a flip-flop manner at LT26.
• Care Groups 1A1, 1B1, 1B2, 1B3 and1C1 will attend the talk
at 2.00pm (seated by 1.50pm)
• Care Groups 1A2, 1D1, 1E1, 1E2, and 1E3 will attend the talk
at 3.00pm (seated by 2.50pm)
• Tutors’ help is sought to ensure students are seated punctually.
• Care Groups not at PM’s briefing are requested to be in class
for CPs to go through the PDE2 schedule with them and to
pre-empt them for on-coming activities and tasks.
• Interactive forums whereby each student will be given a
short time-slot to participate
• Students will also be given opportunities to pose
questions to the speakers, who are noteworthy young
entrepreneurs in Singapore.
• More information on these two events will be made
known by Week 2.
• As part of the curriculum on Civic
Literacy, PFP students will participate in
the bi-annual CCN Day, aimed to raise
funds to support our fellow needy
students in campus.
• The activity will particularly be aimed at
fund-raising. Students from each class
will come together to put up a stall to sell
items (from food to handicraft) to the
other students in campus.
• More information on CCN Day once the
committee has finalized details.
PDE2 Overseas Study Trip
PDE Overseas Study Trip
Date: 11 January 2016
Time: 0900hrs to 2000hrs
Location: Desaru, East Johor, Malaysia
Type of Activities:
• Cultural visit (Coastal township of Pengarang)
• Local Agricultural Enterprises (Ostrich/Bee Wax/Fruit/Fish/Frog farms)
• Class Bonding (2 hour dinner-stop at a mall)
More details will be released upon a later date.
Overseas Study Trip Briefing
• A briefing by our vendors as well as the Subject Leader
will be conducted on 11 December 2015 at 1.00pm
• Venue will be at LT26 and 27.
• Vendors will speak on the details of the trip and provide
an overview of the day’s activities as well as the logistics
pertaining to the itinerary.
• M/SD and SL will talk on the expected code of conduct
as well as safety measures (as students will be given free-
Overseas Study Trip Documentation
• The submitted indemnity forms as well as passports have
• Some discrepancies and errors noted and SL will address
these with the individual students as a follow up.
• Will need CPs’ help to send indicated students to SL in
order that the errors can be ironed out.
• As part of PDE2 Entrepreneurship
module, students will be given an
opportunity to visit a company set-up,
to understand its business structure and
model, as well as to know more about
the business development journey.
• The objective of the visit is for all
students to understand the business
development processes as well as the
soft skills and values when
entrepreneurs set up their enterprises.
• CP’s help is sought to set expectations
The schedule for the visit is as follows:
• Students are to report to the foyer by
1.45pm to board the chartered buses.
• The visit will normally take 1-1.5 hours.
• We expect to arrive back at TP by 5.00pm
given normal traffic conditions.
18 November 2015 25 November 2015
1A2, 1E1 1B2
1E2, 1C1 1B1, 1B3
1D1 1E3, 1A1
• PDE2 will be conducting the SDL on
Week 3. Students are to refer to OLIVE
for more information. Please note that:
- During SDL week, there will be no
- SDL participation is mandatory. It will
account for their attendance.
- SDL activity should be completed within
the prescribed deadline and tracking will
be done by SL, thereafter inform all CPs.
- CPs may also check students’
participation via OLIVE Grade Centre.
• Administrative Matters
- A joint indemnity form will be given to all CPs by Week 2 for PDE2
Company Visit and L&C2 Learning Journey. Please help to ensure
students return all the indemnity forms by Week 4.
- Please note that for the Company Visit, all students must return to
campus before being dismissed regardless of whether the site is near
their home addresses or not.
- CP $100 has been credited to your account in June 2015. Please utilise
this grant for your student/class bonding activity. Please do not use this
as a contribution or capital for CCN Day.
- Due to the nature of PDE2, there will be very few opportunities to meet
students in class on Wednesday afternoons. Please ensure that all
administrative instructions are delivered to students timely.