Tools we need
1. Any text editor
2. Firefox browser
3. Firefox OS Simulator Add On
Step by step
1. Create a folder name it as hello anywhere in your
2. Create a new html file (index.html) inside your folder and
some text between the <body> tag.
3. Open your index.html file in Firefox to test if it is working
4. Let's test how it will look on mobile screen size!
5. Press CTRL + SHIFT + M
The manifest file tells the app's
name, description, permissions it
requires and some other basic settings
Install the app
1. Open the Simulator from:
Tools > Web Developer > Simulator from
2. Click on "Add Directory“
3. Select the manifest.webapp file
4. The simulator will start with your app
We need to make your app have the
"mobile look and feel"
Or try using Codiqa
This is a demo app for Firefox OS, loosely based on
fxosstub, meant to act as a simple boilerplate for getting started
with apps for Firefox OS.
It will give you a button to install it in Firefox OS - on a device
and in the simulator
Get the code from Github