1. Dribble (v): kicking or tapping a ball in order to move it / to move a ball along using small repeated movements of the foot, the hand, or a stick
2. Tackle: <ul><li>* to take the ball away from the player you're playing against. </li></ul><ul><li>.* attempt to stop opponent's progress: in football, field hockey, and some other games, a physical challenge against </li></ul><ul><li>an opposing player who has the ball, puck, or other object of possession. </li></ul><ul><li>A tackle is made by seizing and forcing the opponent to </li></ul><ul><li>the ground in football, by using the foot in soccer, and with the stick in field hockey </li></ul><ul><li>. </li></ul>
3. Hat-trick: <ul><li>three goals scored by the same </li></ul><ul><li>player in one match of soccer </li></ul>
6. Striker (n): a player who mainly attacks and scores goals
7. Penalty spot (n): a spot in the soccer field from which penalty kicks are taken.
8. Opponent (n): someone that you play against
<ul><li>Sport teams should do their best when the </li></ul><ul><li>______________________ begins. </li></ul>2. I feel lonely, so I really like it when my friends and I ______________. 3. All Manchester players felt awful when the referee pointed towards the ______________. Rarely can any goalkeeper protect his nets from such strong kicks. 4.What is so special about my favorite player is the way he ____________ the ball when he’s in the middle of the playground, and also the strong and manly way he _____________ it when he’s a defense player. tournament get together penalty spot dribbles tackles
5. Ronaldinho was nominated as the best _____________ in the world this year. He scored 25 awesome goals. 6.It is never easy for any player to get a ________________ in a world cup match. 7.Good defense players shouldn’t give their ______________ any chance to score. striker hat -trick opponents