• The very ﬁrst release of 3.2 series
• Many major and minor bugs have been
ﬁxed since 3.1.107
• New features that may draw some
• All users are encouraged to upgrade to
• Through overhaul of DM facility
• There were major design issues that
had caused instability.
• Lots of API change involved.
• Binary compatibility has been lost!
• You need to recompile DM's.
• A Long-standing differential stepper
• Velocity was not correctly calculated
right after (re)initialization
• DifferentialStepper API has been
• StepInterval ➡ NextTime
• Reimplementation of session manager
• Much more stability
• especially used on the local
• Support for Globus 4
• LSF support (by Giuseppe Aprea)
• Many API functions are now
• VariableReference::getValue() etc.
• libemc is declared obsolete
• Polymorph class was refactored to be
• Added Model::deleteEntity() to support
dynamically generated reaction rules
• Python code was updated to use
modern library functions
• Improvements on Python binding
• Optimization of Logger to NumPy
• Providing interface to directly
manipulate C++ objects
• Now users can implement Processes,
Variables and Systems in Python!
from ecell.ecs import Process, Variable
IsContinuous = True
def onValueChanging(self, val):
• Ofﬁcial support for the following
• Mac OS X
• 64bit Windows
• Removed dependency on glade in favor
Towards E-Cell 4
• E-Cell 4 will be highly rule-based and
also highly scriptable
• Script-based modeling is already
covered in 3.2
• migration from EmPy
• Rule-based modeling will be supported