by Marcus Morba (mori)http://drupal.org/user/710680
1. MODULES Module D6 D7 Comments URL http://drupal.org/project/video_ﬁlter This is a highly ﬂexible and easy extendable ﬁlter moduleVideo Filter to embed any type of video in your site using a simple tag: Quick syntax: [video:url] http://drupal.org/project/ﬂowplayer An API module to provide integration with the GPL licensed &Flow Player x x Flowplayer for Flash video playback. http://ﬂowplayer.org/ + advantages, see below ... + a jQuery plugin http://drupal.org/project/jplayer + free and open source, no licensing restrictions + customizable and skinnable using HTML and CSS http://www.jplayer.org/ + lightweight - only 8KB miniﬁed and Gzipped jPlayer x x + active and growing community providing support + free plugins available for popular platforms + extensive platform support, cross-platform/-browser + HTML5 or Adobe® Flash™ + Free & Open Source http://drupal.org/project/videojs + Lightweight. NO IMAGES USED + 100% skinnable using CSS + Library independent VideoJS x x + Easy to use, Easy to understand & extend + Consistent look between browsers + Full Screen & Full Window Modes + Volume Control + Forced fallback to Flash (even when there is an unsupported source)
1. MODULES Module D6 D7 Comments URL http://drupal.org/project/mediafront The MediaFront module is a front end media solution for Drupal. It employs an innovative and intuitive http://www.mediafront.org/project/ administration interface that allows the website osmplayer administrator to completely customize the front end media experience for their users without writing any code. In addition to this amazing module is the built-in Open Standard Media (OSM) Player. + 100% Open Source and 100% free!Media Front x x + Written in the popular jQuery framework. + Dynamic HTML5 content delivery. + Audio and Video support with the most popular media formats. + Automatic Flash fallback for non-standard media. + Easily themable using the incredible ThemeRoller system. + Seamless Vimeo and YouTube integration. + Playlist support + Player to Player communication.
1. MODULES Module D6 D7 Comments URL The Media: Amazon module allows the local ﬁle system to http://drupal.org/project/Media: Amazon be replaced with S3. Uploads are saved into the drupal ﬁle media_amazon - x table using D7s new ﬁle/stream wrapper system. + Add HTML5 multimedia support for both the video/audio + extensible media player framework and support additional front end multimedia capabilities, such as Flash Fallback and YouTube API integration. + Utilize the standard Drupal template system to provide html5_media - x the front end presentation of your media. http://drupal.org/project/html5_media + Provide tight integration into other HTML5 initiatives. - Warning: This module is for testing purposes only! Do not use this on a live site. http://drupal.org/project/debut_media A feature for Drupal 7 providing Media module integration. Includes: Media, video, and image views with page listing, recent posts block, and RSS feeds. Menu items for media, video, and image landing pages. Debut media - x Context handling of breadcrumbs and active menu. User permissions. Part of the Debut features set. Dependencies, Features, Context, Media, Media YouTube, Views ...
1. MODULES Module D6 D7 Comments URLMedia: Amazon The Media: Amazon module allows the local ﬁle system to http://drupal.org/project/ - x be replaced with S3. Uploads are saved into the drupal ﬁle table using D7s new ﬁle/stream wrapper system. media_amazon The Brightcove project lets you use Brightcove video hosting services in your Drupal website. It provides integration of the Brightcove API and a CCK ﬁeld which will meet most sites needs for video hosting. Brightcove Current feature list x - http://drupal.org/project/brightcove integration + Browse videos coming from Brightcove directly in Drupal + Upload a video for Brightcove customers + Integrates with Views module + Provides various formatters including a Lightbox2 player and Imagecache integration for remote images. http://drupal.org/project/debut_media A feature for Drupal 7 providing Media module integration. Includes: Media, video, and image views with page listing, recent Debut media - x posts block, and RSS feeds. Menu items for media, video, and image landing pages. Context handling of breadcrumbs and active menu. User permissions. CDN2 is a plug&play module & video management service. http://drupal.org/project/cdn2 Videos can be transcoded into one of many formats CDN2 Video including FLV, JPEG thumbnail images ... Videos are x - automatically stored into content delivery networks and delivered back after transcoding so that you can fully control all your video content. FlowPlayer integrated!
1. MODULES Module D6 D7 Comments URL web based live video streaming. http://drupal.org/project/vls It contains an application to broadcast video with realtime conﬁguration of resolution, framerate, bandwidth, audio rate and also allows discussing with video subscribers. The live broadcasting application also saves snapshots of current video as images for preview purposes and provides links and html code to publish channel and preview. The module manages conﬁguring the live streamingLive Streaming software, creating live video channels with multiple x x settings, listing rooms, accessing channel links and removing channels. Requirements: The advanced software integrated by this module requires 2 types of hosting: a regular web hosting plan for the regular website features and a RTMP plan (usually on a different special server) for video streaming and other instant communication required between chat clients. This will require a RTMP application to be installed on a Red5, Wowza or FMIS server.
1. MODULES Module D6 D7 Comments URL video conferencing, e-learning, http://drupal.org/project/vconsult live presentations, video discussions http://www.videowhisper.com/ demos/conference Video The module manages conﬁguring the video conferencing software, creating video consultation http://drupal.org/project/v2wvcConsultation rooms with mutliple settings, listing rooms, accessing room links and removing rooms. & x x2 Way Video Requirements: The advanced software integrated by this module Chat requires 2 types of hosting: a regular web hosting plan for the regular website features and a RTMP plan (usually on a different special server) for video streaming and other instant communication required between chat clients. This will require a RTMP application to be installed on a Red5, Wowza or FMIS server.
1. MODULES Module D6 D7 Comments URLProcessing x x Processing.js is a visual programming language to create "data visualizations, digital art, interactive animations, http://drupal.org/project/processing educational graphs, video games, etc...". This module http://www.processing.org allows you to embed Processing.js code into content via an Input Filter (or theme function). Processing.js code uses the http://www.drupal-rocks.com/ canvas element introduced in HTML5, and code will only be processing rendered in HTML5 compliant browsers.
2. DISTRIBUTIONS Module D6 D7 Comments URL The open source Kaltura Video module for Drupal handles every aspect of video and rich-media, including content management, syndication, monetization, transcoding, uploading and importing content, and even editing and remixing of content online. http://drupal.org/project/kaltura + Upload video in any format from your computer or record http://drupal.kaltura.org Kaltura x x from webcam - videos will be transcoded to FLV format by the Kaltura system http://corp.kaltura.com/developers + Easy import of videos, images and audio ﬁles http://blog.kaltura.org/ + Content hosted by Kaltura and streamed from Kaltura’s CDN - to assure quality of service, and minimize the burden on you + CCK Field representation + Full integration with Drupal Views MediaMosa is software to build a Full Featured, Webservice Oriented Media Management and Distribution platform. http://www.mediamosa.org The main features of a MediaMosa platform are: + Delivery off audio, video and any other content http://demo.mediamosa.org/ + Streaming of any format (e.g. Flash, H.264 MPEG-4 andMediaMosa x x WindowsMedia) http://www.mediamosa.org/ + Transcoding based on FFmpeg content/mediamosa-ck + Flexible Metadata Element Sets + Access management functions on Media + Enhanced Still functions http://mediamosa.org/node/71 + Open Source under GPLv2 license