Successfully reported this slideshow.
You’ve unlocked unlimited downloads on SlideShare!
The Amsterdam Museum brings the history of
the city to life for a large and diverse audience.
The Amsterdam Museum challenges residents
and visitors to deepen their relationship with
In 2020, the Amsterdam Museum is an open and
accessible museum that increases bonding
with and between the diverse population
groups of Amsterdam and acts as 'meeting
point' of the city. We want to achieve this by
putting on target specific exhibitions, activities
and events, both within and outside the walls
of the museum.
1. Inviting; the museum is as open and transparent as possible
2. Narrative; the museum uses accessible and attractive
techniques to tell the story
3. Participatory; visitors are mobilized to participate and add
their own ideas and stories to those of the city and the
4. Binding; the museum makes a contribution to the binding of
the residents with their city and between the residents
5. Sustainability; the museum invests in long-term yields
• "You need to shoot, otherwist you can't
• "Every downside, has is upside."
• "They may not hang beautiful goals in a
museum, but it’s still art."