• Importance of YouTube channels and opportunities
for ICICI on YouTube.
• Various Interactive Campaigns carried out by
companies on YouTube.
• Analysis of strategies used by different banks on
• What are the different YouTube strategies and how
can they help in increasing organic traffic on
IMPORTANCE OF YOUTUBE
• More than 1 billion unique users visit each month.
• Over 4 billion hours of video are watched each month.
• 72 hours of video are uploaded every minute.
• In 2011, YouTube had more than 1 trillion views or around
140 views for every person on Earth.
• Millions of subscriptions happen each day.
• Mobile and Devices
• 25% of global YouTube views come from mobile
• People watch one billion views a day on YouTube
• Traffic from mobile devices tripled in 2011.
Various Interactive Campaigns
carried out by companies on
• To create an experience which is personal and can
be done on scale.
• User should be delighted with the experience and
happy to share.
• Cashing on the 'experience' quotient, the initiative
attempts to touch the emotional chord of parents
with young children.
• The initiative, launched in early November, has already received more than
150 videos posted by parents.
• The channel has clocked more than 1.8 million viewers and 475 subscribers.
• ICICI Pru Life came up with the 'Commitment is
Everything' campaign, which marketed ICICI Pru
iCare's online term plans.
• The initiative recorded more than 3.95 lakh views and
• Approximately 2.2 lakh views have been generated
for the videos and edits.
• Subscribers: 1,112
• Viewers: 6,55,746
• ICICI Direct topped the list in the investment
segment Google searches according to a recent
report by Google search trends in India and an
independent research report conducted by TNS
Australia on the influence of Internet on the
purchase decision of financial products by Indian
Subscribers: 51,022 Viewers: 21,025,930
Subscribers: 57,183 Viewers: 2,088,612
NIVEA STRESS PROTECT CAMPAIGN
• Subscribers: 279
• Viewers: 2,18,117 for the video itself. Total Viewers: 8,89,192.
Analysis of strategies used by
different banks on YouTube.
BANK OF AMERICA
• To be prescriptive in their approach and to make
sure their legal, risk and compliance partners
comfortable as well.
• Looking to listen and engage on YouTube and
being able to provide useful information that is
not pitchy or promotional.
• Narrating stories about the businesses they partner with.
• Posting more on personal finance since customers are interested
in how they can be helped.
• Post more to help people demystify their finances eg (what is an
APR and how your credit score works).
• Separate learning program on the website which consists all the
customer education videos. This is their major advantage for
increasing customer engagement and number of viewers too.
• Small Business Campaign – The playlist managed to get most
number of Viewers.
COMMON WEALTH BANK
• Cricket Theme: Campaigns, which revolve around the
theme, have managed to engage youngsters as well
as the elders.
• Heap Handy: Managed to get maximum engagement
from the young working crowd. Most viewed playlist.
• “Can Stories” – Interactive Campaign which
encourages people to share videos on YouTube and
has increased viewership and engagement ratio.
• Personalized Videos: SUCCEED
ON was a hit in terms of
engagement and viewership.
• ASB Bank has introduced a
new digital hub,
• A separate page for the “
Experience Concept” provided
on their website too.
• One of its kind concept in New
• American Express UNSTAGED: A Live Concert Series by
• Shop Small: A Nationwide Movement to Support Small
• SUBSCRIBERS: 11,433
• VIEWERS: 17,906,907
• Closed Captions (Transcripts)
• Keep Your Old Videos Updated
• Embed Your Videos
• Optimize Your Videos Metadata
• Title Your Video Correctly
• Make Use of Your Video’s Description
• Add Tags to Your Videos
o Use Descriptive Playlists
o Use keyword focused titles for your playlists
o Write a keyword focused, accurate description
for the playlist
• Make the Most of Annotations
• Brand Your Page Consistently
• Create a Payoff
• Cross Promotions
• Create Responses to Already Popular YouTube
• Make a Series
• Add Interactivity
• Come up with an interactive campaign for YouTube ( ICICI Pru Life)
• Use widgets on websites.
• Come up with animated videos – As of now only customer education series
uses animated videos ( ICICI Direct).
• Don’t promote direct commercials so extensively on YouTube. Use more
realistic experience based videos for the theme “ Khayal Aapka” - (ASB).
• Try using annotations intelligently for story-telling - ( ICICI Direct).
• Embed videos on the website - (BOA).
• Sponsorship videos – ( BOA, Amex).
o Description – Should be more detailed. URL of the website not used.
o Title – Use the word “ICICI” in every video Title.
o Tags – most of the videos do not have tags.