SARDANA; CATALAN FOLK DANCEMontse Margarit Bartra
INDEX1. What are the origins of the Sardana?2. When they began practicing?3. Which usually do?4. What are their characteristics?5. What instruments are used in the Sardana?6. Who usually do the dance?
1. WHAT ARE THE ORIGINS OF THE SARDANA? The origins of the Sardana is unknown. But historians believe that its origins are very old. They say that the origins can be found in the Roman culture The Sardanas characteristics that are found in the Greek culture. But although known to be very old, not yet known how it started. But recent studies show that the word ‘’Sardana’’ from the Latin word ‘’Cerretana’’ referring to the village Cerdanya (Girona).
2. WHEN THEY BEGAN PRACTICING? As no information of its origins, it is said that the Sardana beg an When it is dancedat bar 6/8. And historians know that they began to dance well into the nineteenth century
3. WHICH USUALLY DO? The Sardana is a dance that is danced in a circle. You can join all those who fit. Everyone dancing fucking ha nds. Everyone dancing to the same compass. The general compass Sardanas i s the 6/8. The Sardana has several steps which are repeated depending on the music. Everyone has to do the same step at a time.
4. WHAT ARE THEIR CHARACTERISTICS?In each circle there is a person who is marking guide changes.There are seven types of Sardanas.Each type depends on the rate of i froma dancing.The typical clothes for dancing Sardana, is white and comfortables hoes com typical of Catalonia.
5. WHAT INSTRUMENTS ARE USED IN THESARDANA? The band plays music that is called Cobla Sardana. This band of seven different instruments accountin g. The band plays music to dance to the beat Sardana
6. WHO USUALLY DO THE DANCE? The Sardana is a dance that can be practiced throughout the world. There sardanas groups of young children. There are also groups of older peoplesardanas.
CONCLUSION: I think the Sardana is a very nice dance. I have danced once, and I liked it. I recommend everyone to dance sardanas sometime in their life.