Monish Prasanth. S
Loyola institute of technology
• A cloud OS simply refers to an operating
system (or an interface filled with a complete
suite of desktop applications) that resides on
• Its the software that enables the interaction
between user and system.
• Cloud can be installed and used together with
other operating systems, or can act as a
standalone operating system.
• eyeOS is a web desktop following the cloud
• mainly written in PHP, XML, and
• It is a private-cloud application
platform with a web-based desktop
• Establishment: In 2005
• August 1, 2005: eyeos version 0.6.0(web operating
• June 4, 2007: eyeos 1.0.
• July 2, 2007: 1.1 version (Version 2 to Version 3 with
Microsoft Word files)
• January 15, 2008: eyeos 1.5 Gala
• April 25, 2008: eyeos 1.6
• January 7, 2009: eyeos 1.8
• April 1, 2009: 1.8.5
• Built for performance, scale and security
• Open source web desktop.
• web applications written using the eyeos Toolkit.
• uses vector graphics.
• Flash files stream over the Internet.
• Good database connectivity
Security measures involve
use of firewalls.
backups every 24 hours.
Formatting a month as a preventive measure in case
some are infiltrated by malicious code.
All communication is made within the site, and all
content stored by users is fully encrypted.
No access by their administrators
Eye- OS provides
system for the users where they work with eyeOS
and all its applications, including Office and PIM
A toolkit to create new applications easily.
Schools and universities with a full web platform.
With a private server, eyeOS can provide
public library networks
free Internet points & other public environments
intranets and business in general.
service to replace the need for a hard
Social Organizations and
Companies:Contacts, personal files and
communications to which members can
access businesses and organizations
large and small.
• Easy integration of the company’s applications
• Simple connectivity with existing infrastructure
• Central management of the client desktop
• RIA Framework for new app development
Portability, decentralization, availability
Requires only browser
Dynamic content and design
Extensive list applications
Remote storage facility
Browser and Platform independent
Rich text editing facility & more...
Can use every where remotely.
Is designed for developers without experience to
develop web applications.
Creation of the interface using widgets.
communication with the user through events.