Monika Davis, Manager of Instructional Technology
John Hruby, Professional Learning Facilitator
Angela Johnson, Instructional Technology Specialist
The goal of this session is to
how to evaluate effective technology
“Guide on the
Peer- and Self-
What makes technology integration
1. Support curricular goals
2. Support key components of learning:
– Active Engagement
– Participation in Groups
– Frequent Interaction and Feedback
– Connection to Real-World Experts
3. Enhance instructional practices.
Start with the Curriculum…
Measure areas by counting unit squares
(square cm, square m, square in, square
ft, and improvised units).
I can use tiles to show the area of a
Instructor: Angela Johnson
Instructor: John Hruby
• What instructional and assessment
strategies did you see?
• What technology integration did you
• Was the technology integration effective
• What could have been done differently?