Creating Intuitive Customer
Experiences Across Channels
Using Big Data to Anticipate, Simplify, and Learn
23 March 2014
• Senior Development Manager @ 7 Inc
• M.Sc (Hons) Economics and B.E(Hons) Computer Science from
• Prior to 7 ran a company for 5+ years.
• Like working on new technologies and products.
• Used Mongo DB at
• 7 – Case Study to Follow
• La Salle, Manila – for Managing entire School operations through tablet.
Global Software and Solutions Company with clients in North America,
Europe, Asia & Australia & revenues of $250 M in 2012
Managing over 2.5B speech & self-service interactions, 120M online
consumer, and 25M predictive interactions a year
Anticipate, Simplify and Learn from each consumer experience
The only Cloud Platform available today using big data and prediction
to render customer interactions seamlessly across multiple channels:
Online, Speech, Mobile, and Agents
The Intuitive Consumer Experience Company
7 Intuitive, Predictive Experiences
Help our customers create a
single, digital channel for sales
of interaction data/week
Reducing effort across channels
50+Patents and Patents Pending
Board of Directors
P V Kannan (PV)
Co-Founder & Chief
S Nagarajan (Nags)
Co-Founder & Chief People Officer
Sherpalo Ventures, LLC
The company’s Board have been among the Top 3 in the Forbes‘ Midas List.
They have been involved in Google, Yahoo!, PayPal, Amazon and Kayak.
Defining Intuitive Experiences
" What is an intuitive experience?
• Predictive, Personalised, and Proactive
• Seamless and Consistent across channels
• Drives desirable outcomes
One Size Doesn’t Fit All
unique needs, and
her specific goal in
make it easy
Create a dynamic
channels to get the
task done, faster
the experience for
the next visit, and
for every other
Big Data is the Key to Intuitive Experiences
Using big data and prediction to deliver
more intuitive consumer experiences
Web & IVR Logs
make it easy
Problem Being Solved
*Across All Channels.
Mongo Foot Print
• 650 GB – And Growing Rapidly
• Response time < 1 Second ( no optimization
yet J )
• Maintains Information about
• Trend Information across various key business metrics
• Personalized User Profile
• Started with single Mongo node
• Right now just handling it with one Replica
• Node has been running for over 1 year, with
out any problems J and any expert help.
• Apart from this we use
• Elastic Search and
Mongo for Developers
• Takes away pain of
• Design your collections / document structure smartly.
• Designing everything upfront ( adopts to changes as we
move ahead )
• Aggregation Framework and Geo Queries are icing on
• If you need to solve business problem, Mongo is your
best Buddy !!!
What Should I do
Install Mongo and Start using it