Ways of seeing
• Primary Content: basic inventory of the composition
• Secondary Content: the explicit and implicit meaning
• Tertiary Meaning: relates to context"
15th century Chinese woodcut
21st century Japanese anime
Self, Site and Field
• attitudes, beliefs, interests, values, education, training, biography"
circumstances in which the work was produced: the apparent function of
the work, religious and a philosophical conviction; sociopolitical and economic
structures; and even climate and geography... "
• the ﬁeld of the work's reception and interpretation"
Interface: Image + Action
Surface/place/point at which connections between things/people are understood/controlled
“the largest increase in expressive capability in
history” Clay Shirky
• The Pitch: ‘Serious’ ARG mock up and Documentation
• The Campaign: Multiplatform Presentation
• BlackMarket/Organised Crime
(A unique combination of fact and ﬁction)
• Customised Blog
• Appropriated Social networks
• Flash Component
• Response to the Brief
• Representation/Evidence of Concept
• Appropriate use of basic Interface and Interaction Design Principles
• Effective Articulation of Design Intentions and Process
• Presentation and Communication
“True interactivity is not about clicking on icons
or downloading ﬁles, itʼs about encouraging
Ed Scholssberg, 2002