Pick a field of interest, one you have
experience in or are studying.
Go through your local newspaper or conduct
an online job search on the internet using a
website specified for help wanted ads, such
• Your name and location, or contact information
• What your objective for applying is, or why you want
• Your educational background. This should be stated
with the institution, dates you attended, what you
studied, and any degrees or diplomas you have
• Your work history and experience. This can be stated
similar to the educational background, but be sure to
add what your job duties were that apply to the
position you are after, such as customer care, etc.
• If you have any honors or local activities you participate
in that would provide the employer with a better
picture of you, please add these.
• Finally, include references if requested or simply state
“references upon request”.
Make sure you take some time to write a cover letter. A cover letter
helps introduce you a little more than your resume’ in a more personal
• Dress to impress. Look the part that
you are applying for.
• Come prepared. Have all necessary
documents and your portfolio with
• Get off to a good start by being early.
• Make the right first impression with a
strong (but not violent) handshake.
Look them in the eye
Think through your answers before you speak
Don’t chew gum!
Don’t show up late
Don’t bring your
Don’t wear torn or
Don’t give in to
nervous ticks, such
as clicking your
tongue, saying “um”
a lot, or picking at
your clothes, hair,
After you have gotten through
the interview it is always good
manners and good measure to
follow up with a follow-up
This will show the employer
you were serious about the job
and it is a courtesy for them
taking the time to meet with
A follow-up letter is like a brief
thank you that follows the
format of the cover letter, but
the body simply states that you
are happy to have met with
them and you look forward to
the possibility of working with
You are bound to reach success and get your
I’d like to recognize the following:
Freeplaymusic.com: For the musical
component “Bach Brandenburg Concerto 2
(3rd movement)” that was featured
Google Image Search: For all the great