Automotive Sales Manager
FMC LeadManagement DIGITAL TEAM 1
About Specific Media
• Online ad network created in 1999
• Ford Strategic Partner since 2006
• Charter member of the Ford Digital Advertising Program
• Premier network of trusted consumer branded sites
• Suite of advanced proprietary audience targeting technologies
• Data insight into 95% of all online consumers
FMC LeadManagement DIGITAL TEAM 2
Types of On-line Advertising
• Only bid on words/phrases you • Convey message graphically –
want better aligned with non-digital
• Only pay if customer clicks ads
• Task-based behavior, seeking info • Target ads to in-market shoppers
• Primarily text-based advertising • Unlimited choice – who to
• Limited choice (Google or Yahoo!) choose?
• Competing with manufacturer for • Ensuring proper measurement of
key words key actions
FMC LeadManagement DIGITAL TEAM 3
Does Display Drive Search?
Based on a study performed by Microsoft in August 2007, a
strong connection exists between display and search:
• Display ads significantly drove search clicks.
• Display ads had an impact on both search impressions and clicks.
• Great opportunities exist to increase reach through paid search
• Display drives a significant increase in branded search terms during
and after a campaign.
FMC LeadManagement DIGITAL TEAM 4
What Might a Dallas On-line Auto Plan Look
Display Plan Lacks Efficient Scale
FMC LeadManagement DIGITAL TEAM 5
How can I get Efficient Scale?
What are Ad Networks?
• Collection of on-line ad inventory across many publisher sites
• Allows advertisers to make a single buy and touch users across the web
• Ad Networks vary in quality and type of inventory
• Most networks allow for different types of customer targeting
FMC LeadManagement DIGITAL TEAM 6
Top Advertising Outlets- Dallas Area
eBay Motors U.S.
Specific Media reaches over 86%
of unique in-market car shoppers
online, over 3 times greater than
other endemic auto sites.
FMC LeadManagement DIGITAL TEAM 7
Types of On-line Targeting
– Target car buyers in specific locations
– Target prospects whose recent online behaviors indicate high interest
in purchasing a car
– Target prospects while they are viewing automotive-related content
on the Internet
– Target prospects based on your ideal market demographics
– Target prospects who have already visited your website – leverage all
FMC LeadManagement DIGITAL TEAM 8
• Retargeting gives advertisers the power to connect with past website visitors
in a simple, cost-effective and non-intrusive way
– The most valuable users on the Internet are the past visitors to your
– 98-99% of website visitors leave without completing a transaction
FMC LeadManagement DIGITAL TEAM 9
Behavioral: Data is the Name of the Game
FMC LeadManagement DIGITAL TEAM 10
Tracking User “ABC123” (Heavy Auto User)
Monday Wednesday Thursday
Like in the baseball example it takes more
than one data point to ensure this is a
user we want to target
FMC LeadManagement DIGITAL TEAM 12
Why Use a Network like Specific Media?
Buying All Consumers Locally: Specific Media Network:
• No targeting or insight – shotgun • Many of the best local websites
• Several individual buys – no coordination, duplication • Coverage includes local geography only
• High funnel strategy vs. selling today • Only buy in-market auto customers
• Leverage Tier I campaigns/scale
• Optimize campaign over time
Trucks & Vans
FMC LeadManagement DIGITAL TEAM 13
Online Advertising Case - Truck Leadership
• Mid year 2007…Silverado within 5,000 units of F-Series
• Chevy riding wave of new truck…next F150 still a year away
• Limited budgets – big broadcast plan not possible (normal course of action)
• 30 years of Truck Leadership at stake!!!
Truck Leadership Campaign
Half – In-Dealership Support (Truth About Trucks)
Half – Online campaign targeting in-market truck shoppers with SM
Did This Actually Drive Sales?
FMC LeadManagement DIGITAL TEAM 14
Light-Truck F series 690,589
Sales Total Ford division 1,500,347
2007 YTD Silverado 618,257
12 mos. 2007 Total Chevrolet 1,388,546
• Vehicle Disposed (conquest vs. repeat)
• Share of Garage (other sales opportunity)
FMC LeadManagement DIGITAL TEAM 15
Automotive Sales Manager
603.580.1006 / email@example.com
FMC LeadManagement DIGITAL TEAM 16