Materia: Biology Senior 3
Profesora: Ma. Magdalena Ravagnan
Contenido nodal: Nutrition in humans: part 2
Fecha de presentaci�n: Wednesday February14th
1) a- If, in one word, you had to say what respiration was about, which word would you choose from this list:
mitochondria- energy- no oxygen- cells- food?
b- Which living organisms respire?
2) a-Build a table comparing aerobic and anaerobic respiration.
b- What is the difference between aerobic and anaerobic in the products produced?
3) State the equation of a) anaerobic respiration in yeast.
b) anaerobic respiration in muscles.
2)- Gas exchange
1) Label all parts involved in breathing movements.
2) Place the following structures in the order in which air reach them when breathing out: bronchus, trachea, nasal cavity,
3) One function of the small intestine is to absorb food. One function of the lungs is to absorb oxygen. Point out the basic
similarities in these two structures which help to speed the process of absorption.
4) Place the following in the correct order: lungs deflate, , air leaves lungs, external intercostal muscles relax, thorax back
to dome shape.
5) Blood: Make a labelled drawing of a white and a red blood cell. Explain how their shape is related to their functions.