Materia: Biology Senior 3
Profesora: Ma. Magdalena Ravagnan
Contenido nodal: Nutrition in humans: part 2
Fecha de presentaci�n: Monday December 11th
1) a- If, in one word, you had to say what respiration was about, which word would you choose from this list:
Breathing- energy- oxygen- cells- food?
b- In which parts of a living organism does respiration take place?
2) a- What are the main differences between aerobic and anaerobic respiration?
b- What is the difference between aerobic and anaerobic respiration in the amount of energy released from one
molecule of glucose?
3) What are the products of a) anaerobic respiration in yeast?
b) anaerobic respiration in muscles?
4) Why do you think your breathing rate and heart rate stay high for some time after completing a spell of vigorous
2)- Gas exchange
1) Label parts A, B and C.
2) Place the following structures in the order in which air reach them when breathing in: bronchus, trachea, nasal cavity,
3) One function of the small intestine is to absorb food. One function of the lungs is to absorb oxygen. Point out the basic
similarities in these two structures which help to speed the process of absorption.
4) Place the following in the correct order: lungs expand, ribs rise, air enters lungs, external intercostals muscles contract,
5) Blood: Make a labelled drawing of a test tube containing blood after being centrifuged. Explain the function of each of