Biology 3ro esquema de contenidos nodales - dic 2013
Colegio Las Cumbres
Nivel Medio - email@example.com
Esquema de Contenidos para el Período de Orientación, evaluación y promoción- cierre
Ma. Magdalena Ravagnan
Characteristics of living things.
- Classification of living organisms:External features. Binomial system.
Using keys. Adaptations. Drawing and magnification.
- Cell structure and organization
- Levels of organisation
- Movement in and out of cells: diffusion, osmosis and active transport.
- The chemicals of life: carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
The organisation of
life and the
Sub-temas inlcuidos en el contenido nodal
Lab work: Observation of animal and plant cells. Food tests.
- Lab work: investigating the activity of enzymes. Line-graph.
- Transport in humans: Heart. Coronary heart disease. Circulation in humans.
Arteries, veins and capillaries: structure and functions.
Composition and functions of blood.
-Aerobic and anaerobic respiration. Use of energy released by respiration.
- Respiratory system: Structures. Breathing and gas exchange
- Lab work: anaerobic respiration in yeast. Comparing the carbon dioxide
content in inhaled and exhaled air. Limewater and hydrogencarbonate
Nutrition in humans
- Enzymes: definition. Effect of the ph and temperature.
-Human nutrition: Nutrients: carbohydrates, proteins and fats. Food tests.
Balanced diet. Vitamins C and D. Minerals: iron and calcium. Deficiency
diseases. Human alimentary canal. Mechanical and physical digestion.
Chemical digestion. Absorption. Assimilation. Deamination. Egestion.