Using separate sheets of paper for each,
complete numbers 1-4 below:
1. Draw a sun, a tree, and an animal.
2. Calculate the following problems:
5 x 6=_____ 12-1=_____ 4+23=_____
3. What are the steps of the portfolio process?
4. List four different types of portfolios.
PRE SE NTED BY:
ME L ISSA MOUL DE R & TONYA MOORE
Assessment for learning
“Portfolios for Student Growth (PSG) is a
holistic, student-centered, process-led
approach to portfolio development. PSG
offers educators a way to guide students to
explicitly link academic learning with future
planning and goal setting.”
1. Assessment and evaluation (assessing
progress, achievement, developmental
strengths, and areas for continued work).
2. Self-assessment and reflection (where
students can chart their progress and take
ownership of their learning)
3. Reporting progress (in which progress
and achievement can be shown to
Why should I use portfolios in my classroom?
GISELLE O. MARTIN-KNIEP
“Capturing the Wisdom of Practice”
"I am absolutely convinced that
every professional who uses
portfolios in a serious way will
become a better teacher or
THE PORTFOLIO PROCESS