Today we will acquire knowledge about internet search
At the end of this presentation you will ﬁnd 10 tasks to
complete. Please provide the results in a Word
We will use Google search engine, but please bear in
mind that other search engines are also available for
you e.g. dogpile.com; ask.com
Basic information about internet search techniques can
be found at:http://www.google.com/support/websearch/
More on advanced operators can be found on Google
Cheatsheet webpage: or you can search for advanced
operators by yourself.
1. Find a handbook of a DCR-SX30E camcoder in pdf fortmat.
2. Change the query, so that Google returns one result only.
3. Provide a link to an article in english about Michael Jackson in South African press.
4. Provide a query, that will enable you to see the current weather in Dublin on the
Google result page.
5. Provide 2 queries using different advanced operators, that return only one result in
6. How to search for information on Robert Kubica released last week? What
changes on the results page after applying such an elaborate search?
7. Provide a solution to ﬁnd powerpoint presentations, that can be used for
8. Find photos for making a presentation in ﬂickr.com service. Make sure thate these
photos are released for free commercial use based on the CC:Attribution licence.
Provide a link to such a photograph.
9. What other CC licences there are? Provide a link. Use your own words to describe
other licence than CC:Atribution.
10. What query will you use to ﬁnd information about dr Debicka on the University of