A payment gateway is an e-commerce application service provider service that authorizes credit card payments for e-businesses, online retailers, etc. The online Payment Gateway will authorize or decline a card payment.
This service is not free; however PayPal only takes a small percentage of the money whenever a transfer is made.
1. Ensure each transaction you accept and process is valid, and be careful in reviewing suspicious transactions because some may be valid Authenticate buyers when possible Screen orders for fraud patterns Review suspicious transactions
2. Make sure only authorized users have access to your payment gateway account, and be alert for suspicious account access patterns Lock down administrative access Monitor account level activity for suspicious patterns
3. Lock down network access Update all patches on servers and operating systems Monitor firewall activity
No wonder the majority of Indian e-commerce merchants choose CCAvenue, the tried and tested payment gateway over other newbie gateways with tall claims!
It also provides e-business solutions to Indian websites, with real time Credit Card, Debit Card, Net Banking, Cash Card and Mobile Payment transaction validation.
Online Payment Gateway System
A payment gateway is a software program integrated
to a merchant's website to transmit transaction data
acquirer for authorization and settlement.
• It includes whether there are sufficient funds
available, whether the details all matched correctly
and whether the has been any fraudulent activity.
• In order to check these details, the Payment
Gateway will communicate with the Card Schemes
and Issuing Banks.
• And then report back with its findings and relevant
Merchants gain the ability to perform real-time
Credit Card authorizations from a web site over the
Customers can pay for purchases across the
Internet through Credit Cards within seconds, after
the gateway obtains authorization from the Credit
Payment gateway protect credit card details
encrypting sensitive information such as credit card
To insure that information passes securely between
the customer and the merchant and also between the
merchant and the payment process.
Customer is usually required to enter personal details,
the entire communication of 'Submit Order' page is
often carried out through HTTPS protocol.
To validate the request of the payment page result,
sometimes the IP of the requesting server has to be
PayPal is an online payment service founded in 1998
and owned by eBay.
It facilitates the transfer of money from one party to
another over the internet.
Payments can be made for goods, services, and online
donations can be made as well.
PayPal processes millions of dollars every day,
and recently exceeded $6 million per day in mobile
PayPal is a fast, simple, and secure way to make a
PAYMENT NETWORK PROVIDES PROCESSES AND SERVICES
► Authorization – the process of verifying a
customer’s credit card
► Settlement – the process of collecting funds
from the customer’s account
► Payment Processing Service – connects
merchants, customers, and banks through secure
► Gateway – the secure pipe between the banks
and the processor
1. Customer decides to make an online purchase and inputs credit card information
2. Merchant’s website receives customer information and sends it to a payment processing service
3. Payment processing service routes information to processor
4. Processor routes information to bank that issued customer’s credit card (issuing bank)
5. Issuing bank sends authorization (or declination) to processor
6. Processor routes transaction results to payment processing service
7. Payment processing service sends results to merchant
8. Merchant decides to accept or reject purchase
1. Merchant informs the payment processing service to settle transactions
2. Payment processing service sends transaction information to the processor
3. Processor checks the information and forwards settled transaction information to the issuing
4. Issuing bank transfers funds to the processor
5. Processor routes funds to the acquiring bank
6. Acquiring bank credits merchant’s bank account
7. Issuing bank includes merchant’s charge on customer’s credit card account
PROTECT YOUR BUSINESS AGAINST FRAUD
• Ensure each transaction you accept and process is
valid, and be careful in reviewing suspicious
transactions because some may be valid.
• Make sure only authorized users have access to your
payment gateway account, and be alert for suspicious
account access patterns.
• Ensure your perimeter is defended against
Founded in 2001
It is the largest Payment Gateway in India today.
Currently powers more than 85% of the e-commerce
merchants in the country.
It provides complete, simple and secure online
payment gateway services.
It is a Commerce Service Provider, authorized as a
Master Merchant, by Indian financial institutions, to
appoint Sub Merchants, to accept and validate Internet
payments via Credit Card.
This enables the websites to transact and accept
payments online and in real time.
STEPS TO CREATE MERCHANT ID WITH CCAVENUE
Step 1: Initial Site Setup
Step 2: Registration and Document Submission
Step 3: CCAvenue issues a Merchant ID
Step 4: Mapping Merchant ID to URL
Step 5: Integration