Successfully reported this slideshow.
Activate your 14 day free trial to unlock unlimited reading.
GOVERNED – to officially control and
lead (a group of people)
BOARD OF DIRECTORS - refers to the
collegial body that exercises the
corporate powers of all corporations
formed under the Corporation Code.
It conducts all business and controls or
holds all property of such
Governance is for Governors and
The focus on those who govern, the
Board of Directors.
The participation of those governed,
the officers and staff.
1. Personal responsibility is about
recognizing what you do and how it
impacts on others.
2. Moral responsibility is about a broader
social agreement on what is
acceptable and how you should treat
3. political literacy - learning about, and
how to take part in and influence,
public life through knowledge, skills and
values. Public life on a national and
4. community involvement - learning
about becoming involved in the life
and concerns of communities,
including learning through community
involvement and service to the
A culture: principles, practices, operations,
decisions and actions at all levels. At the top (good
governance). At every level of the corporate
ladder (responsible citizenship).
12. Be a good parent . Teach your kids to love
1. Pay their taxes, the right taxes.
2. Treat their employees well.
3. Lead balanced, wholesome lives.
4. Take care of the environment.
5. Document all first-hand experiences
6. Do not bribe to get favors.
7. Support their church.
8. Support their alma mater.
9. Control consumption.
10. Save money.
11. Give generous tips.
12. Join advocacy groups.
13. Take care of their health.
14. Volunteer. Help the city. Help the
15. Pray, practice their faith.
16. Love their town, their city, their
17. Hold their leaders accountable.
18. Assert their rights but at the same
time fulfill their duties.
19. Follow traffic rules, observe road
20. Follow rules, obey laws, avoid
21. Vote, vote wisely, make sure vote
is counted and don’t sell vote
22. Take pride in being Filipino.
23. Do not wait. They just do it!
TRUTH at some point it became
acceptable for corporations to
blatantly lie to the consumer.
SHARED VALUE the effectiveness
of a company and the health of
the social, environmental, and
economic ecosystems where it
exists are mutually dependent.
IMPACT The good companies of
2012 are displaying real
compassion and commitment to
social and environmental issues.
The most effective (and honest)
involvement is to address issues
that fall within the domain of
Corporate social responsibility is a
form of corporate self-regulation
integrated into a business model.
Share the Company Vision - A
shared vision is a picture that
everyone in the company carries
in their heads and hearts.
Passionate about the Company
Mission - At the heart of any company is
Live the Core Values of the
Corporation - Core values are the
fundamental beliefs of a person or
A commitment to sustainability
and to acting in an
environmentally friendly way.
Build the best product, cause no unnecessary harm, use
business to inspire and implement solutions to the
–Patagonia's Mission Statement
The ad concludes: "There is much to be done and plenty for
us all to do. Don't buy what you don't need. Think twice
before you buy anything. take the Common Threads Initiative
pledge and to reimagine a world where we take only what
nature can replace."
Ben & Jerry’s turns ice
cream into energy
Ben & Jerry’s has
become the first ice
cream company in the
world to power one of
its factories using the
by-products of ice
The Chunkinator is
Ice cream waste is
fed into its tank,
where 24 billion
down the particles,
turning them into