HALAL WAYS OF EARNING WEALTH
• MARDHIAH BINTI MOHD IDRIS 1213546
• NURULHASEENA BINTI KADER MAIDEEN 1221986
• NOR HAMIZAH KHALIDI 1215056
• HAYATI BT SATTAR 1211100
Halal work and the earnings that
come from a good source are a kind
of ‘ibadah’ for which a Muslim will be
rewarded on the Day of Judgement
1) WEALTH THAT EXCLUDE RIBA, GHARAR & MAYSIR
• Riba literally denotes interest, increase, addition or excess
2 types :
• Riba al- Nasiah is the increase or growth due to postponement and refers
to a stipulated increase over the loan which a debtor agrees to pay to his
creditor in relation to a specific period of time.
• Riba al- Fadl takes place when a commodity of a same thing is exchanged
for an unequal amount of the same commodity or when the amounts are
equal but one of the counter values is delivered later.
• Involved unjust gains in trade or business, generally though exploitation
• The Hadith of the Prophet ( pbAbuh) states : " Jabir said that Allah's
Messenger (pbAbuh) cursed the accepter of interest and its prayer, and
one who records it, and the two witnesses, and he said : They are all
• Gharar literally means uncertainty, ambiguity, danger or peril
• Gharar involves a sale contract which is attractive to the
purchaser in its form but unknown and ambiguous in its
substance in which it may lead to unknown results
• The word maysir mentioned in the Qur'an means ease, it is for
games of hazard, implying that the gambler strives to
accumulate wealth without any effort.
Buying & Selling
• Contract engaged between two parties
• Transferred the ownership from one party to another party
• The buyer will give a specific amount of money to the seller
for the goods that been purchased.
• Contract between one or more parties in establishing a joint
commercial enterprise and contributing the capital
• Profits generated from the business are shared among the
partners in an agreed proportions ratio while the losses are
shared according to the capital contribution ratio.
• Sales contract which the seller disclosed the actual cost of
the goods to the buyer and both parties agrees on adding a
specific profit margin.
• Sales contract in which the seller supply some specific goods
to the buyer at the future date in exchange of an advanced
price paid fully on the spot.
• Beneficial to both seller and buyer.
• Lease contract in which the lessor buys the asset and then
leases out the asset to lessee for an agreed rental amount
and period in exchange for the benefits or the usufruct
• The lessor benefits from the payment while the lessee
benefits from the usufruct of the asset
• A person is entitled to make his own will for 1/3 of his
wealth or property to the inner family such as parents,
children and spouse.
• The balance of 2/3 of the wealth will be distributed
according to the Shari’ah Law.
4) OTHER WAYS TO GAIN WEALTH
Constantly Worshipping Allah SWT
• Allah SWT will remove ones poverty when we keep
worshipping to Allah since we are the ‘Abd.
• Richness of Iman
Seeking Forgiveness and Repentance
• One should repent purely for the sake of Allah and feel
guilty for the evil that has committed in order to get
• Allah helps his slaves by increasing his wealth and
reduced the difficulties.
Be Grateful to Allah
• One should always feel grateful to Allah for the blessing or rizq
given to us.
• Blessed by Allah always as well as a mean in increasing more rizq in
Spending in the Way of Allah
• Spending in the way of Allah whether through obligatory or
voluntary deeds will lead in increasing one’s rizq.
Being honest in dealings
• Honesty is an important value when dealing with the transactions
• A person who being dishonest when earning his wealth, Allah will
remove all His blessings from the transactions and the person
ended up losing in this world and the Hereafter.
• Islam does not oppose any material pursuit
neither it is against the accumulation of wealth
• “…but Allah hath permitted trade and forbidden
usury” [Al baqarah 2:275]
• The Prophet also referred to business as a
blessed activity. “Traders who are honest will be
under the care of Allah on the Day of Judgment”
3ASPECT TO ACQUIRE WEALTH IN ISLAM
Wealth must be accumulated in an absolutely honest
Managed in a highly responsible manner
And as long as wealth does not distract Muslim from
their strong faith in Allah in any way.
IMPORTANCE OF WEALTH
• As means of trial and test
- wealth or poverty
• Wealth is importance in order to get blessing from Allah via
- charity, perform hajj & Umrah
• Wealth to protect our religion
- poor Muslim minorities has been oppressed, humiliated
- unable to produce anything of value and it leads to depend
on the products of others
BENEFIT OF HALAL WEALTH
Halal work and the earnings emanated therefrom are a kind
of Ibadah that will be rewarded on Judgement Day.
Halal earnings is considered as sadaqah even what is spent on
Halal earnings will be blessed by Allah and bring peace of
mind and help to have clear conscience