Data Refs. Profiling and Analysis
● Bursty Tracing Framework for Low-over-head
● Not only the freq., but also temporal relationships
● Extensions for Online Optimization
● Fast Hot Data Stream Detection
Load-value prediction : loadの結果を推測する
● Load-value predictionの有効利用には、キャッシュミス
● 従来: Hardware-/Profile-based method
 M. H. Lipasti, C. B. Wilkerson, and J. P. Shen. Value Locality and Load Value Prediction.
In Proceedings ofthe second international conference on architectural support for
programming languages and operatingsystems, pages 138–147, 1996.
● Region: Stack, Heap, Global space
● Kind: object Field, Array element, Scalar variable
● Type: Pointer, Non-pointer
● 16K, 64K, 256Kの2-way set-associative cache
● 5 load-value predictors, 2048/infinite entries
(i) lv, which predicts the last value for every load
(ii) l4v, which predicts one of the last four values for every load
(iii) st2d, which uses strides to predict loads
(iv) fcm, which uses a representation of the context of preceding loads to predict a load
(v) dfcm, which enhances fcm with strides.