Youtube Video Marketing
Guide to Basic Creation & Marketing
of Videos for YouTube
Video Camera & Equipment
Lighting & Photo Booths
• Using cell phones to shoot video - Yes and No
• GoPro – Outdoor, Action & Underwater (HD)
• Flip UltraHD ($250 or Less) – Good Basic Starter Camera, Vlogs, Basic
Product Video and All Around Good Camera.
• Higher End Cameras/Video Cameras
• Canon Vixia HF200 ($500)
• Canon Vixia HF S10 ($999)
• YouTube Maximum resolution to 3840x2160 (about 8-Megapixels)
• Camera should shoot directly onto SD Card
• Video Camera Source: reviews.cnet.com
Content of Video
Video Editing Programs (FREE)
• Apple/Mac – iMovie • Windows – Movie Maker
What to Include in the Video or During Edit
• Web page URL or Phone Number
• Add Your Own Ad in the Video
• Subscribe Link for YouTube
• Part Numbers or Services Used
• Facebook, Twitter & Google+ - Links/Mention
• Coupon Code in Video
Adding Music in a Video
• Copyright Music
• YouTube Royalty free music - After upload
YouTube and Promoting
• Create a YouTube Page & Link
it with Your Business Google+
Page, FaceBook & Twitter
• Customize your YouTube Page
• When available apply for the
YouTube Partner Program
• Don't use YouTube image
• Don't use YouTube to edit
• Make it compelling – this is your video’s headline but
title and thumbnails are often the primary elements
driving viewers decisions of what they'll watch.
• Always represent your content accurately.
• Keywords first, url and branding at the end.
• Create a title that reinforces the thumbnail.
• For serial content, add the episode number to the end
of the title.
• If video becomes stale update the video titles so they
continue to grab views.
• Tags are descriptive keywords that will help people find
• Create a set of standard tags for your channel that can
be applied to any video you publish. (E.g. filmmaking,
animation, comedy, “Funny Videos,” “Pet Videos,” etc.)
• Include a mix of both general and specific tags.
• Make sure Tags thoroughly and accurately describe the
• Include keywords from your title in your video’s tags.
• Only the first few sentences of your description will
appear in search results or above the fold on a watch
page – so make them count! Accurately describe your
video and link to your channel page.
• Drive viewers to subscribe (and include a subscribe
link). Include links to your site and social sites. Include
a recurring keyword tagline. The keyword tagline is a
group of sentences that describe your channel.
• Make your own thumbnail for the video.
• If driving traffic to your site then start the description box
with your page url http://www.yourwebpage.com
• Create a Channel Trailer for the Fan Finder Program
• InVideo Programming:
– Channel Watermark
– Featured Video or Playlist
Where to embed videos?
Everywhere - Newsletters, Facebook, Google+, web pages etc.
• Post Link to Video
– Google+, Google+
Making Money With Your Video
• Ad Sense
Q&A & Resources
Help with Video SEO Marketing
Mat with e-Business Express (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Article: How to Make Yourself Famous on YouTube