1. What percentage of your grade comes from
2. Do you think Mr. Klein should allow students to
retake quizzes before or after school? Explain
3. Describe a cultural norm that you have
experienced that was very different than your own
The Nacirema culture
Pg 1 whole class
Person 1: reads first half, pgs 3-11
Person 2: reads second half pgs 12-21
Taking notes on unusual cultural norms, cite
6 cultural norms in total
Assignment: draw a picture of Nacirema culture
showing all 6 norms
Assignment: Geography of …..(Your country)
1. Describe the continental location of that country. (For
example: Japan: East Asia, or Egypt: North Africa)
2. Identify at least three physical features located in that
3. Draw a political map of this country, labeling the capital city
and three or more political borders.
(a few won’t have these)
4. Contrast the country’s population to the United States.
5. Contrast the country’s size to the United States.
6. To visit this country it would be important to learn what
7. What economic resources does this country have?
8. What business do you think you could open in that country
to be successful and why?
9. Describe this country’s flag in 2 + sentences
Extra +1 10. Identify a famous person born in this country and tell why they are famous