The Stock Market Game
National competition for students
Teams compete, January – April
$100,000 to invest, another $200,000 margin
$15 fee per team, so we are 1 team
Groups of 3, each different industry
• 1 % commission
• Must by units of 100 shares (no google stock)
Other stock simulators
• Marketwatch.com (regular ninos)
• Updown.com ($1,000,000 play money, earn
real cash if you make good investments)
Quiz: This is Twitter’s stock ticker as of
Friday’s close (and its whole life as a stock)
1. What is Twitter’s stock symbol?
2. Where is Twitter’s stock listed?
3. Approx. when was Twitter’s IPO?
4. How many shares exist?
5. Has Twitter made a
profit yet? (EPS)
6. If I owned 100 shares on
Thursday, how much
more is my stock worth
in total on Friday?
7. Should Klein have
bought 100 shares on
8. Does Twitter have a
9. What is its 52 high?
In your groups
• Find 4 stocks or funds for your industry
• For each:
1.Symbol, exchange, 52 week high/low, EPS
2.Company HQ, CEO, 2013 Profits
3.Price for 100 shares of this company
4.Positive or negative news story, explain, cite
source, not MLA
5.Why you think our class should buy this stock.
For example: Google, because their business
is growing, EPS is….. Future growth depends
on companies it owns.