INTRODUCTION OF MAGGI NOODLES
• It’s a Brand of instant Noodles made by Nestle India Ltd.
• It was found by the Maggi family in Switzerland in the 19th century.
• Nestle launched Maggi for the first time in India in the year 1982.
• The Brand is popular in: - Australia - India - Malaysia - New Zealand Singapore - South Africa. Nestle wanted to explore the potential for such an
Instant food among the Indian market.
• It took several years and lot of money for Nestle to establish its Noodles
brand in India. Now it enjoys around 90% market share in this segment. Over the
years Maggi has launched several products under its Brand Name. Eg: maggi
ketch-up, pasta, bhuna masala, instant soups.
• “What Xerox is to photocopier, and Colgate to toothpaste, MAGGI
is to noodles in India.” – Economic Times, 2003.
• MAGGI has been a main stay in the Indian markets for a long time
now. MAGGI and noodles are synonymous.
• India has emerged as the largest consumer of MAGGI noodles
across the nestle operations in the world. – Economic Times.
• Nestle unleashed brand MAGGI in India almost 25 years ago in
1983 with the launch of its traditional “2-minute noodles”.
• Market driver in instant noodles category since 15 years in a row.
Fast to cook, good Taste
2-minute noodles Flavors
Lifestyle of urban
“Taste Bhi Health
•Working women Bhi”
*Business Today, 2009.
• The survey was conducted in the areas in and around Navi
Mumbai including Vashi, Sanpada, Juinagar, Nerul, Belapur.
• The sample contains responses from all age groups
including working men and women, housewives,
pedestrians and senior citizens.
Source: Survey Conducted
What comes 1st in your mind when you hear the word
• Maggi has achieved a great position in market and this
product is least affected by it’s competitors (Top Ramen,
• Maggi original has been the best, it’s flavors were not able
to whet the appetite to the same extent.
• Maggi from last 20 years has managed to remain
unbeaten in the market because it has always given more
preference to the taste of people.
Source: Survey Conducted
First and foremost thing learned by this experience is , ‘how the real world
Secondly, this being the first survey conducted by us on our own we
learned the importance of using simple and to the point statements in our
We also got an insight of lives of people of various age groups as to what
their eating habits are.
We learnt how different the perception of same class/group of individuals
Last but not the least we also understood that excess of anything can
reverse its effect through the statement that ‘MAGGI NOODLES – A LIGHT
MEAL WHICH PROVIDES PLEASURE WHEN EATEN
WITH BALANCE AND UNDERSTANDING ’.