Successfully reported this slideshow.
You’ve unlocked unlimited downloads on SlideShare!
• I have always loved to watch psychological horror movies as I find this genre interesting and scarier than any other horror
subgenre . These stories really do play with your mind .Therefore I wanted to use this subgenre for our title sequence to
depict a woman who is mentally scarred by her past.
• Whilst researching into the horror genre , I came across a title sequence called Durham county. I really liked the use of
colour in the title sequence , the red elements against the black wash of colour. Whilst watching this sequence I could
immediately vision the little red riding hood narrative throughout the sequence. The use of the girl with the red jacket, the
basket and the use of the woods . Taking this sequence as inspiration , I had the idea to add in fairy-tales into our sequence.
• A doll is a common convention seen in horror movies . I really wanted to include my favourite childhood doll molly. This
gave me the idea of how to use my doll in our sequence giving us the base theme for our sequence –childhood.
• Another title sequence I had come across was American horror story hotel. I really liked the flashes between each scene ,
this is a technique I would like to bring into our sequence.
• As we will be using the doll , our character will be a female character.
The woman with be a victim as well as antagonist. This is a clear stereotype however also challenges the
• We will be using flashbacks to depict the woman's past .