Unit 1 and 2
• To complete your GCSE, you must have 2
coursework projects, these are also known as
• Unit 1: ‘Natural Forms’ (Complete)
• Unit 2: ‘Collections’ (this project will last until
• After February you will be complete the exam
What is Collections?
• col·lec·tion (k-lkshn) n. 1. The act or process
• A group of objects or works to be seen,
studied, or kept together
– Collecting present participle of col·lect (Verb)
– Verb: Bring or gather together (things, typically
when scattered or widespread).
– Accumulate and store over a period of time.
Selecting your collecting!
You may have built up your own collections
of things already or you might think of
something interesting that you will be able
to complete some exciting coursework from.
Think about things that interest you.
This week’s tasks
1. Complete a front cover page for the project
‘Collections’. We suggest you collage a range of
different collections for this page’
2. Complete two ‘Brain Webs’ ….
- A huge general one based on ‘Collections’ – work
together to fill your pages and think of as many
things as you can.
- Complete a small diagram where you narrow your
idea down, and consider all the things to do with your