Thank you for going the
extra mile with your
I love how the blog has
students. Your blog
connected us so much
more to each other.
creativity and synthesis of
ideas that is a model for -9th Grade Student
the entire faculty.
I have been so
the project and
the attitude my
Why Blogs? communication.
Small Group Discussion
1. What would you like your students to blog about?
2. What things do you do now that you could replace with a blog?
3. What roadblocks might you encounter that would prevent you
from blogging with your students?
4. What are some ways you could get around those roadblocks?
Rules for Students
●Use first names only or pseudonyms
●Do not identify your location
●Remember that nothing can be erased in cyberspace
Rules for Teachers
●Turn on comment moderation
●Turn on anti-spam filter
●Do not publish pictures with the school name or logo
●Do not publish names alongside pictures
Parent Consent Form
Extreme Biology Blog Tutorials
* Add new information that is related to the post?
* Insert a link to the website where you found the information?
* Check to make sure your comment does not contain the same
information as someone else's comment?
* Make sure the topic you want to write about is biology-related?
* Check that all of your sources are credible before writing your post?
* Hyperlink your sources?
* Include a creative commons or public domain image?
* Include 2-3 science-based (not opinion-based) questions in your post?
* Compare your post to published posts to make sure the format is